News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jeff Dunham's Hemi Superbird

Started by SBBob, December 31, 2017, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

so good to see the ole Cupcake back and cranky as ever   :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Stevetona

So much negativity. It's an entertainment show for car people, not Aero car experts. If they brought in a Mopar expert to go over the fender tag and date codes on spark plug wires and alternators for 30 minutes hardly anyone would want to watch it. Lighten up!

aerolith

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

daytonalo

Tonight is Big Chin Jay leno season depute on CNBC , lets all watch and see how big of a horses ass he makes himself appear . 

A383Wing

Quote from: taxspeaker on January 03, 2018, 07:09:35 PM
Like many of us, Mr. Dunham likes Superbirds. I am unaware of any of us that get every fact right, and very few have the available time to read and remember every fact correctly. The trolling done on his ownership disgusts me. Whether I like or dislike his comedy is not relevant, nor is his career, nor is his success a matter for negative comment. He likes the car and he is welcome and appreciated by some of us to the hobby/disease. Just as I was disappointed to see David Spade sell his Daytona, I would be disappointed to see Jeff Dunham sell his bird. Enjoy it Jeff, drive it, bask in it, revel in the fact that it is a rare, unusual car that was considered ugly by some in its day, some still today, and to some of us the most beautiful American car ever made. I personally welcome you to the hobby and hope you enjoy the Bird and pass it on to your kids. And thanks for making the car a little more prominent. I for one appreciate it.

:iagree:

djcarguy

Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2018, 02:31:22 PM
Like many of us, Mr. Dunham likes Superbirds. I am unaware of any of us that get every fact right, and very few have the available time to read and remember every fact correctly. The trolling done on his ownership disgusts me. Whether I like or dislike his comedy is not relevant, nor is his career, nor is his success a matter for negative comment. He likes the car and he is welcome and appreciated by some of us to the hobby/disease. Just as I was disappointed to see David Spade sell his Daytona, I would be disappointed to see Jeff Dunham sell his bird. Enjoy it Jeff, drive it, bask in it, revel in the fact that it is a rare, unusual car that was considered ugly by some in its day, some still today, and to some of us the most beautiful American car ever made. I personally welcome you to the hobby and hope you enjoy the Bird and pass it on to your kids. And thanks for making the car a little more prominent. I for one appreciate it.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

:iagree:

JR

Well, one thing for sure, if Mr. Dunham wanted to follow Jay's advice, and possibly join a Wing car group or forum, the negativity in this thread ensures it won't be this one.

Congrats. ::)
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

daytonalo

Perfect as we don't need a washed up has-been  wealthy pudd knocker who has more money than common sense . I guess im just pissed that someone can be a millionaire giving a puppet a hand job for a living !! :icon_smile_big: 

odcics2

Quote from: daytonalo on January 06, 2018, 05:32:55 PM
Perfect as we don't need a washed up has-been  wealthy pudd knocker who has more money than common sense . I guess im just pissed that someone can be a millionaire giving a puppet a hand job for a living !! :icon_smile_big: 

:smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lighthorseman

Well said.  :2thumbs:

daytonalo

I may be away for awhile as Im going to hunt down my High School guidance counselor and murder him for not informing me giving  puppet a reach- around could make me a millionaire

Hemi Runner

Quote from: JR on January 06, 2018, 03:35:04 PM
Well, one thing for sure, if Mr. Dunham wanted to follow Jay's advice, and possibly join a Wing car group or forum, the negativity in this thread ensures it won't be this one.

That's always been my take on this group with a few exceptions. Seems you need to look down on all others to be included. If someone is that jealous of someone who has achieved the American dream, they have real issues.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Hemi Runner on January 07, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

That's always been my take on this group with a few exceptions. Seems you need to look down on all others to be included. If someone is that jealous of someone who has achieved the American dream, they have real issues.

I disagree, this forum is full of helpful polite good people. There are some who are airing their frustration towards Mr. Dunham and this is America and last I checked you can let your opinion be known. True he may be turned off by some of the comments but some are very close to the truth. Mr. Dunham is very very new to the car scene and has bought quite a few cars in a very short time. Some of us have been saving our pennies all our adult lives hoping to land a real Superbird but have had to stand by and watch prices go to the stratosphere because they have now become the play toy of the rich and famous. Thanks televised auctions for that.

Hemi Runner

Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 07, 2018, 06:58:36 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on January 07, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

I disagree, this forum is full of helpful polite good people. There are some who are airing their frustration towards Mr. Dunham and this is America and last I checked you can let your opinion be known. True he may be turned off by some of the comments but some are very close to the truth. Mr. Dunham is very very new to the car scene and has bought quite a few cars in a very short time. Some of us have been saving our pennies all our adult lives hoping to land a real Superbird but have had to stand by and watch prices go to the stratosphere because they have now become the play toy of the rich and famous. Thanks televised auctions for that.
I'm in that same boat of watching pricing soar through the roof and putting an original out of reach for me but I still can't see that as justification to belittle those that can afford it. High profile guys like that are at least appreciating these fine cars, even if they aren't well versed in every nuance of them. I'm not either for that matter. Everyone is free to have an opinion and I posted mine. Mocking those that are well to do but lack certain expertise seems more of a classless act than an opinion but to each their own.

Kowal

Wow!   This string did get sort of aggressive!   

I watched the half hour video this weekend.   I was surprised Jay didn't know things like the uneven springs on the rear end.    Jeff knew a lot of data but was clearly still getting used to his newly finished car, like not knowing what drives the headlights.    The rear wing height conversation was wince inducing.   And I cringed as Jay went to shut the hood at an angle.

Having said that, I thought it was really interesting and gratifying how they enjoyed the B-Body driving characteristics.    That is why I like these cars, they drive great.   And they did notice the Hemi and how strong, even with only a few grand on the tach, it pulled.    And, compared to my neighbors 2018 Dodge Demon Challenger...yes these cars are a whole lot of activity and noise to not go as fast or handle as well as today's performance cars...but that is the charm after all...and they correctly acknowledged same.   I hope Jeff keeps his car for years to come.

It was a nice half an hour.   I thought Seinfeld picking up Will Farrell a few years ago in Comedians getting Coffee was a little less in awe.   Jay showed the Richard Petty clip from last year which was a really cool moment.
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

daytonalo

cutting the lawn or having anal warts close second to anything that washed up has-been has to say . I as well as most never thought jay was funny , just a guy who blew someone @ nbc and pushed Johnny Carson out the door