News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need console bracket measurements-69 Charger

Started by NHCharger, November 11, 2017, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

I am converting my 69 to a console shift (automatic). I need some measurements on where the three brackets go and location for the hole for the shifter linkage.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

igozumn

When I did this on my old '69 back around '89, there should be a little circle with 3 dimples on the driver side of the tunnel.  This is where the seal for the shift shaft goes.  Drilled the hole right in the center and elongated as necessary for the vertical shaft.  Ran screws into the 3 dimples and just kind of lined everything else up with the shifter and then the console. Welded in the brackets and ran with it. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

NHCharger

Thanks for the reply. Installed a new AMD floor so no dimples. I did get the brackets installed tonight. A lot of triple checking to make sure everything was level and straight.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

igozumn

You know, I almost mentioned something to the effect of, that if you've replaced the floorpans, that those dimples might not be there.  No experience with repro pans, but had a gut feeling that they may not have those kind of details in them.  Glad you got it all lined up. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."