News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can someone give me a hand with this?

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, November 15, 2017, 08:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I have installed my new tach in the dash. I bought the harness to connect it. I connected the gray wire from the harness to the gray wire from the tach. The blue wire with the spade goes to the accessory spade in the fuse box. Here are the questions...where does the blue wire with the push on connector go? Positive post on the back of the tach? Where does the original 12 volt power supply go from the harness for the light? What are all these other posts for? Thanks for the help!

Lawrence

Bronzedodge

That is a repo tic tock tach?  The three marked G are grounds.  You have three connections - a light,usually orange; power for the clock to wind,dark blue; and the grey tach signal wire from the coil or ignition system.
Mopar forever!

BLK 68 R/T

It looks like you have the pigtail from the dash harness plugged into your tach wire?? From memory, I will have to check fsm to be sure but I think:
Blue from fuse box goes to the stud
That tab goes under the nut with the insulator below it. Wire from tab goes through firewall to negative on coil
Pigtail on tach should plug into the dash harness

Sixt8Chrgr

I believe I figured it out. My FSM is at the shop. The blue wire with the push on connector goes to + from the fuse box. The factory harness plug plugs into the clock power from the tach, and the spade that originally plugged into the factory harness for the clock will slide into the gray wire that goes to the - coil and slide over the stud on the tach marked "S" for signal....I do believe...

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on November 16, 2017, 06:58:20 AM
I believe I figured it out. My FSM is at the shop. The blue wire with the push on connector goes to + from the fuse box. The factory harness plug plugs into the clock power from the tach, and the spade that originally plugged into the factory harness for the clock will slide into the gray wire that goes to the - coil and slide over the stud on the tach marked "S" for signal....I do believe...

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.

Yes, that sounds correct.  :cheers: