News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Top 10 Movie Chargers

Started by TiMopar, November 16, 2017, 07:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

charger_fan_4ever

dirty mary crazy larry or bullit hands down.

Kern Dog

They claim in the DMCL segment that it is the only second generation Charger on the list that is not black. The Dukes of Hazzard car is not black either.
Otherwise, great story...Thank you.

TiMopar

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 16, 2017, 01:59:14 PM

I agree, seeing 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry' in the early 70's was what got me into this mess!

JR

One of my absolute favorites is the "Street" version of the Fast 7 Charger. The one that wheelies on top of the parking garage. I think that's the coolest version of Toretto's car in the whole series. But photos of the car are hard to find, since it's overshadowed by the off road version and the other two Chargers in the movie.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

alfaitalia

I'd go with that....Good as Bullit and DMCL were I'm only 50...so a they are bit before my time! Don't think either of those films have aged well compared to other films made in the same era. But that's just my view!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

That F&F Charger doesn't even have taillight lenses. 

JR

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

That F&F Charger doesn't even have taillight lenses. 

I'm glad for that. It means less bitching we have to listen to from purists whining about the movies destroying more charger parts. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

tan top

Quote from: TiMopar on November 17, 2017, 08:59:29 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 16, 2017, 01:59:14 PM

I agree, seeing 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry' in the early 70's was what got me into this mess!

:iagree:   seeing Dirty Mary Crazy Larry  in the late 70s when I was a kid  ,  then bullit  :yesnod:   then one day my dad said you got to watch this new show starting on TV ,   dukes of hazzard

IMO   the order of charger in the above top ten movie chargers  post are

1st  -  Dirty Mary Crazy Larry .
      2nd -  Bullit .
      3rd -   Cannonball .
      4th  -    Dukes of Hazzard .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aerolith

Nice one TiMoPaR!

Yep, Dirty Larry crazy Mary was a supercool filum indeed.
Met a guy this week over in Sussexland who has just completed a 68 R/T in yep, BLACK... :scratchchin:
Think he said the car was yellow and I guess the 68 yellow color is rather sickly?
Bullit was his reason for doing but it just don't do it for me... :shruggy:

Orange with a Union Jack on da roof would have been a betta option... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Ghoste

Still watch DMCL a few times each year.

69wannabe

The 70 charger in the first fast and the furious film is a favorite for me, looks more like an old school muscle car than the chargers in the other films even tho I do like them too but the first one was my favorite. The car just looked mean with the big blower sticking out of the hood. The bullit charger is a favorite and the DMCL charger is also a favorite but the General Lee is the one that got me into mopar's so it will always be my #01 favorite charger.  ;D  Love them all even down to the old beater in the forsaken and the 68 that got minimal camera time in christine but if it's a charger it's all good to me. Would still love to own a 1970 white dodge challenger R/T with a pistol grip 4-speed!!!!

morepower

also love the black charger in the vanishing point remake
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105