News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cant Outrun A Charger

Started by Davtona, November 16, 2017, 08:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

What's the penalty over there for drink driving? I know back in the day that lots of places in the US it was next to nothing....with some Police cars not even carrying breathalysers...and just doing that walk in a line and touch your nose nonsense!!! Is it stricter now? (hopefully!).
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

DAY CLONA

JR

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 17, 2017, 04:18:33 AM
What's the penalty over there for drink driving? I know back in the day that lots of places in the US it was next to nothing....with some Police cars not even carrying breathalysers...and just doing that walk in a line and touch your nose nonsense!!! Is it stricter now? (hopefully!).

Not counting the punishment/community service/losing your license/probation, etc, it usually costs around 10k U.S.D. for each offense.

I have coworkers who make terrible life decisions I learned that from.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

DAY CLONA

Quote from: JR on November 17, 2017, 11:16:40 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 17, 2017, 04:18:33 AM

Not counting the punishment/community service/losing your license/probation, etc, it usually costs around 10k U.S.D. for each offense.

That's if you submit to a sobriety test, or admit to drunk driving, you can refuse to submit to breath/blood test, doing so in most States means a 6 month to 1 year suspension of license, which some will take to avoid a drunk driving conviction on their record, insurance rate hikes, court penalties, fines, etc, etc

alfaitalia

Three months in prison here for refusal give blood or breath sample....not to mention the assumption of guilt on the drink drive charge so that's between 1 year and indefinite (for ever!) ban. Three year minimum ban if caught twice in ten years. Needless to say...no-one refuses here!

68X426

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 17, 2017, 09:46:53 AM
Considering the top speed of the Mclaren 720 is 220 MPH, he probably had the cruise control on at 140 MPH, he could have wasted that Charger in seconds

Goes to show that driver awareness and driver skill can beat a faster car.

Great cop work.  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 17, 2017, 12:43:17 PM
Three months in prison here for refusal give blood or breath sample....not to mention the assumption of guilt on the drink drive charge so that's between 1 year and indefinite (for ever!) ban. Three year minimum ban if caught twice in ten years. Needless to say...no-one refuses here!

That's why everyone just staggers from pub to pub to home, on foot, after mass consumption of Guinness and Boddington.  Much safer way to get home.

:cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

alfaitalia

Quote from: 68X426 on November 17, 2017, 12:56:17 PM
Considering the top speed of the Mclaren 720 is 220 MPH, he probably had the cruise control on at 140 MPH, he could have wasted that Charger in seconds

Lol...yeah great driving skills...in a near straight line! Absolutely no skill required...he just didn't floor it. Probably did not even realize she was there until the blue lights came on. If he had decided to run there is nothing she could have done about it on a road like that....except call ahead....no car travels faster than radio waves...as a UK copper told me once...lol.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 68X426 on November 17, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

You can't outrun a Radio. Period.

Kern Dog

Quote from: JR on November 17, 2017, 11:16:40 AM

Yeah....Those are the guys you see riding bicycles wearing denim pants. The bike enthusiasts wear spandex, the losers with no drivers license wear their regular clothes.

alfaitalia

Quote from: 68X426 on November 17, 2017, 12:58:58 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 17, 2017, 12:43:17 PM

That's why everyone just staggers from pub to pub to home, on foot, after mass consumption of Guinness and Boddington.  Much safer way to get home.

:cheers:

Lol...we are not all binge drinking aalcoholics! An I'm a lager man so no Boddies for me......quite like a pint of cold Guinness in the summer though! We also have taxis and buses and trains to get us home. Since the legal limit here is the equivalent of about two pints of average strength beer....it really is drink OR drive!

ACUDANUT

Guinness and Boddington Are the worst beers ever.  :Twocents:

alfaitalia

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 19, 2017, 12:27:45 PM
Guinness and Boddington Are the worst beers ever.  :Twocents:

I think I'm right in saying that you don't get many Bitters over there? Mainly it's just lager type beers...Pity...cant beat a nice pint of real ale! Doom Bar is my current favorite. Can't believe that Bud lite is your best selling beer (according to Google at least)......it's like making love in a canoe....it's f**cking near water! Lol. Guinness (a stout not a bitter like Boddingtons) is one of the best selling beers in the world...an acquired taste for some though and I understand that.

ACUDANUT

Well, to each his own.  :cheers:  I like water, not tar.

VegasCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 19, 2017, 10:05:05 PM
Well, to each his own.  :cheers:  I like water, not tar.

I'm with you on this one Acudanut. I hate dark, thick, black, brown, gooey, can't see thru, beer.

Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona w/lime and when I'm feeling destructive, Red Stripe please. :cheers:

alfaitalia

JR

I agree, American beer sucks. I actually stumbled onto an informative YouTube video explaining how Americans came to prefer waterey beer recently.

https://youtu.be/2E3bPU0g8SA

But luckily craft beer has become insanely popular now, so people who want something besides a watered down lager have plenty of alternatives. There are a ton of beers available now, it just seems most Americans stick to easily purchased Bud Light or similar, probably due to habit, and never try anything else.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ghoste

Not to mention price and that you can find Brand Light just about everywhere with ease.  The marketing machine behind them is unbelievable.