News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UCONNECT PROBLEMS

Started by bmullally, November 20, 2017, 10:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmullally

My new Charger Scat rolled into the dealership back on 9-1-17 and now its back at the dealership because its 100% dead. Started have touchscreen issues a month after I got the car ie would freeze up, would not shut off at times etc. One night I went to start it and it was dead. Had it towed to the dealer. They said Dodge advised there is no fix yet for these issues in the 2018's but the Engineers are working on it and may have a fix in the 1st quarter of 2018. What the heck should I do? Dodge does not call me back. I have tried since 11-1 to get a case manager to call back and they don't. The dealership said its Dodges problem and not theirs. They asked me if they wanted them to put a new battery in and I said why? It will just happen again?  Why did it go dead? They don't know why! Sp pissed!

Baldwinvette77

Man that sucks, unfortunately this site is aimed towards the classic models, but if you can get your car back I'd contact a company that parts out late models like Cleveland power and performance and see if you can install a 2017 touch screen?

68X426

You may get some responses from the forum members, but this is a classic Charger forum, 1966 to 1974.  Members own lots of modern Chargers, and will want to help, but the focus here is on the classics.  Welcome aboard anyway.

Check these out:

https://www.chargerforumz.com/

http://www.chargerforums.com/

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

alfaitalia

This forum is for the classic Chargers rather the modern ones.....that said. I always find that a face to face "talk" with the manager will always achieve better results than a phone call you might not get. Go in, be firm but not rude and tell him (don't ask) what you want done and when you want it done by or you will go direct to Dodge to put pressure on the dealer. Its not Dodges problem as you did not buy it from Dodge ...you bought it from the dealership so it most definitely IS their problem so make sure they realise that. Modern cars are so loaded with tech these days you need a software analyst rather than a mechanic !!....most techs don't have a clue in my experience....and that's coming from a one time car mechanic!!!! Good luck. :2thumbs:

EDIT.....beaten to it while I was typing!! :brickwall:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bmullally on November 20, 2017, 10:41:17 AM
My new Charger Scat rolled into the dealership back on 9-1-17 and now its back at the dealership because its 100% dead. Started have touchscreen issues a month after I got the car ie would freeze up, would not shut off at times etc. One night I went to start it and it was dead. Had it towed to the dealer. They said Dodge advised there is no fix yet for these issues in the 2018's but the Engineers are working on it and may have a fix in the 1st quarter of 2018. What the heck should I do? Dodge does not call me back. I have tried since 11-1 to get a case manager to call back and they don't. The dealership said its Dodges problem and not theirs. They asked me if they wanted them to put a new battery in and I said why? It will just happen again?  Why did it go dead? They don't know why! Sp pissed!

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. Our modern Mopars act goofy as hell with bad grounds.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

darbgnik

What's your location? Some areas have pretty easily accessible lemon laws. If they can't fix it, get it lemoned and they have to buy it back.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html