News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Soon it'll be time to say good bye to an old friend......

Started by resq302, November 20, 2017, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

After 17 years and a lot of miles and smiles, my old girl will be passed on to a new owner.  Some of you might have seen the car up close at either Carlisle or Mopar @ E-town or you might have just seen the pics of the charger on here.  The good news is that it is going to a guy a few years older than me who lives a few towns over so as bitter sweet as it is, I should still hopefully get to see the car from time to time.  The good news is that I haven't lost the passion for the car hobby but decided to move onto another type of car.  Don't get me wrong, the 68-70 Charger body style is by far the best body style out there and if they made a factory convertible version, well, then that would be the car I would go to.  Needless to say, I've decided to sell my charger and pursue getting a 68-70  B body convertible like my Dad has.  I've already got some cars in mind and once the deal is finalized, I can start seriously looking at these cars. 

Thank you to everyone who has been a big help with getting my charger to the detail and correctness of where it has gotten to over these past 17 years.  While we all might not have seen eye to eye on things, we all share that common bond and the love of cars.  As soon as I get the new toy, I'll be sure to post some pics and any improvements I might do to the new vehicle along the way.

I've told the new owner about this site so I'm sure he will hop on here once he gets the car home to his house.  He is a dead to nuts car guy just like me and I'm certain my charger will give him plenty of years of enjoyment as it did to me.  Unfortunately for me, I just got bored with the car after all this time and my passion was starting to fade.  With the new car, I'm sure the fire will be lit once again and I'll be eager to get behind the wheel and lay some rubber down on the road again.

Hopefully I will see everyone at some shows in the upcoming 2018 year and hopefully I will have a car to show off at that point.  If not, I guess Mom's 70 chally vert or my Dad's 69 GTX vert will be getting relocated to my house for some "detailing work" and then taken to some shows.  lol
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mopar Nut

Come on over to "For B Bodies Only" bunch of great guys and other B bodies over there.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Back N Black

Good luck with the sale, it must be hard to sell such a nice charger. I loved your pics over the years and you attention to detail was second to none. :cheers:

303 Mopar

When you get serious about looking for 68-70 b-body vert, let me know.  I have a gorgeous '69 Sport Satellite vert I may be willing to let go.

https://youtu.be/sCMCfAZEJlc
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

resq302

I'm looking for a 68/69 GTX vert or a coronet r/t vert most likely but PM me and Ill send you my email so we can go over the stuff for your car.  Not against a sport sat, just prefer to have the bigger engine.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Quote from: Back N Black on November 21, 2017, 07:58:31 PM
Good luck with the sale, it must be hard to sell such a nice charger. I loved your pics over the years and you attention to detail was second to none. :cheers:

Back,

Its kind of bitter sweet for me.  I love the body style of the charger as its second to none in my book.  Im just bored with the car and if I had it out a total of 5 times all this year, it was a lot.  Since the car is done, I have nothing to tinker with since I finished up the resto on my Dad's 69 GTX vert.  Now with my new house being totally renovated doing room by room, I need an outlet from the house and figured now would be a nice time to get a convertible.  While there is nothing wrong with my charger, it just hasn't had the thrill that it once used to with taking it out and having fun with it.  I guess that is what ultimately led to the decision to sell it.  After all, its not doing the car any justice sitting in my garage under a cover.  Lack of use I've found tends to start getting leaks from seals drying up or getting flat spots in the tires.  The charger deserves better than that.  At least now it is going to a good home no more than a half hour away.  The guy is a die hard Mopar guy and is also a retired law enforcement brother so I'm sure I made a new friend out of it too.

Mopar nut,

I'm already over on forbbodiesonly.  I did the resto thread there on my Dad's 69 GTX vert.   http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/bringing-it-back-to-factory-specs.67715/
Brian

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on November 21, 2017, 11:59:40 PM
Its kind of bitter sweet for me. 

Hey Brian!  I'm sure you'll locate exactly what you're looking for and do your magic on it.  Keep me posted on your progress and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

Hi Dave,

Hope you and Cindy had a good time at MCACN.  The car looked impressive in the pics!  I have my eye on a 68 GTX convertible now that is original sheet metal and numbers matching with factory ac, power windows, and some other nice options.  Whats even better is it is within driving distance and in very similar condition to what Dad's GTX was in when we first got that.  So, I guess time will tell.  I'll definitely be in touch when I get something new as it will most likely need some decals or tags for it going by what I have seen out there so far.
Brian