News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mid engine Charger Drag car

Started by Stevearino, November 23, 2017, 12:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

Be really cool to build one of these.

Kern Dog

Daytona R/T SE

Stevearino

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 23, 2017, 06:21:48 PM
That car has a curse on it. :o
I don't know the history of it. What is with the curse?

Daytona R/T SE

The ownership of this car has been hotly contested for decades.

Starting with a divorce.  :o

I don't know the story very well, but I do know the original builder's daughter was even posting here on DC.com about it.

Maybe someone with better search skills than I have can post a few links ?  :shruggy:

chargerboy69

I thought Travis (?), the guy who found General Lee 1 "owned" it for a time.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ryan.C

I first read about the car in a mopar muscle or action magazine 15-20 years ago IIRC. Sad bitter story.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

F8-4life

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 23, 2017, 06:21:48 PM
That car has a curse on it. :o

The curse is on the people and unfortunately the car became involved with idiots.
Alone I'm sure the car is fine.

Stevearino

Put this picture on my facebook page and a guy who w as asked and refused to steal the car for the owner/builder in Indy on it's way to Georgia commented. The owner got someone else to do it apparently and that guy went to jail. He did not want to go into anymore detail and I can see why.
Super shady stuff.

ncmrer

Looks good. But this brings me to a question about which I read today in Torque News. It says the Mopar community wants higher-performance Dodge Chargers. Do we need them? What would we do with them if they can't be used as daily drivers on public streets? if it's too fast they may become dangerous too.

lukedukem

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 23, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
The ownership of this car has been hotly contested for decades.

Starting with a divorce.  :o

I don't know the story very well, but I do know the original builder's daughter was even posting here on DC.com about it.

Maybe someone with better search skills than I have can post a few links ?  :shruggy:

Here is a link with a story from 2004
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2004/aug/22/car-chase-ends-in-spokane-perhaps-finally/

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 23, 2017, 09:09:05 PM
I thought Travis (?), the guy who found General Lee 1 "owned" it for a time.

He never owned it, he helped "set up the elaborate trap" to grab the car. It's all in the link

Now how accurate and up to date is the article, idk. Things change

I would like to see this car in person. Really neat

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

BDF

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing!  :cheers:

Kern Dog

The name Richard Sephton sounds familiar...