News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about custom cup holder

Started by A383Wing, November 23, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Years ago there was a company that made a custom twin cup holder that slid in the ashtray of the second generation Charger....I think it was made to replace the fold down ashtray door.....does anyone else remember this item? Did anybody get one? Does anyone know where it was sold?

I thought I had a picture of it so I could make one, but I can't even find the picture....

Any info or pictures would be appreciated

Bryan  (trying to get my ducks in a row for another Talladega trip in 2 years.....problem is that all my ducks are wandering off)

lukedukem

I remember that, but was a members thread. Not sure if they are for sale. Or I might be wrong on what your looking for all together.

Here you go

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88417.0.html

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

A383Wing

yes, very similar, but the one I was referring to was made and sold by an aftermarket company. Price was around $50 I think....I'm glad someone else besides me remembers what I was referring to....

I thought I had the link to the website saved, but it may have left when my laptop died .....

The search continues, or I may have to design one like you posted in the links above

Bryan, thanks again

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on November 23, 2017, 09:35:05 PM
yes, very similar, but the one I was referring to was made and sold by an aftermarket company. Price was around $50 I think....I'm glad someone else besides me remembers what I was referring to....

I thought I had the link to the website saved, but it may have left when my laptop died .....

The search continues, or I may have to design one like you posted in the links above

Bryan, thanks again
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YW6Y8JW/ref=asc_df_B00YW6Y8JW5280220/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00YW6Y8JW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193147589203&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5527565353165066149&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9023232&hvtargid=pla-310964111170      i still love this one if you have a console  works great 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I sometimes wonder how we ever got by before cupholders were invented lol

VegasCharger

I remember having the old school cup holder that hanged from your door (like the one in the pic below). This was for my '71 Duster daily driver back in 1982. It didn't work to well as the hook kept slipping out when no beverage was in it. So I cut off the tab that goes down into the door then I drilled a hole on the top surface of the cup holder and on the door then pop riveted it on to secure the cup holder. :eek2: :eek2: