News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Value on 68-70 doors

Started by rydog1130, November 23, 2017, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rydog1130

I acquired a few doors for a 68-70 Charger. I have a good set already and don't plan on using these but was wondering what a fair price is for these guys. All doors have some rust in the lower corners on the outer skins. The drip edge on the gold door is by far in the best shape with some minor surface rust and the seam sealer pealing away. The two yellow doors have some rust through on the drip edge but one being worse than the other. I included photos let me know what you think!
2009 Challenger R/T

Kern Dog

A clean door with no rust should be worth $300 each. Those needing to be patched up? I'd say $150 each, tops.

rydog1130

2009 Challenger R/T

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 23, 2017, 05:36:03 PM
A clean door with no rust should be worth $300 each. Those needing to be patched up? I'd say $150 each, tops.

Maybe on the left coast?, but those stripped out rusty shells would be lucky to fetch $50 each on the right coast, $300 is money better spent on an AMD Charger door skin IMHO

NHCharger

I just paid $150.00 for a 69 road runner door. Minimal rust and was complete with all hardware and the A pillar window frame had almost no pitting
I would say maybe $100-125 being a Charger door
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

F8-4life

$150 for the set.
Logic is you have to find a guy needing them first, 2nd.. a guy who can patch  or pay to patch them.
Sure they are desirable to an extent but if you got $150 a pc (300 -set) count yourself lucky.
Unless you believe in the american pickers , then it's rusty gold!!
Gosh darnit, pay up?!$%

70 sublime

I was closer to the $50 each price when they are all stripped out of all the bits
If you have to find a complete door for parts but is in worse condition than these to make it worth swapping the parts over might just as well fix parts door
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cbrestorations

that yellow door matches my car and even the rust would fit perfectly lol

Old Moparz

Doors are fairly common & easy to find at the swap meets & online, so selling rusty ones for a high price is going to be tough. Of all the parts I've had over the years, doors seemed to be the hardest to get rid of, even the clean ones.   :Twocents:

I agree with the others, about $50 a piece, tops.

One area that I see damage to A LOT is the sheet metal area surrounding the door catch. They crack & split above & below. If a rusty door has this, to me it's scrap metal.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cbrestorations

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 24, 2017, 10:36:49 AM
Doors are fairly common & easy to find at the swap meets & online, so selling rusty ones for a high price is going to be tough. Of all the parts I've had over the years, doors seemed to be the hardest to get rid of, even the clean ones.   :Twocents:

I agree with the others, about $50 a piece, tops.

One area that I see damage to A LOT is the sheet metal area surrounding the door catch. They crack & split above & below. If a rusty door has this, to me it's scrap metal.

agreed, i tried to sell a rust free set of complete doors at a mopar swap meet and people thought i was nuts at $450, eventually after a few months someone saw the add and was happy to pay $450 for a pair of nice ones as they needed them

Daytona R/T SE

Rusty bare door shells with the seam across the bottoms separating=scrap.

jwells1993

couldnt tell ya bout the doors but im diggin the bronco :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
keep on keepin on

chargerboy69

I bought a completely rust free door a year or two ago for $50.00.  It was complete with window glass, door panel, inner and outer door handles, even the arm rest.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

rydog1130

Quote from: jwells1993 on November 28, 2017, 06:50:19 PM
couldnt tell ya bout the doors but im diggin the bronco :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Thanks, That's my 70...plan on leaving it like that and just restored this 68....doors for these guys fetch good money. I find it hard to believe everyone else gets them so cheap for these chargers considering an amd door is almost $700
2009 Challenger R/T

Moparpoolman

Anyone looking to sell a Rust Free set of 69-70 Charger doors, I'd be interested, send a PM :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: Moparpoolman on November 29, 2017, 09:35:26 AM
Anyone looking to sell a Rust Free set of 69-70 Charger doors, I'd be interested, send a PM :2thumbs:
What is your location?

73rallye440magnum

X2 on the patina Bronco. Sweet truck.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

F8-4life

Doors are one of those parts that nobody really needs. Unless you buy a car without doors.
Duh and who buys a car without doors? Probably the same type of guy who will want to give you $50 for the pair. LOL

rydog1130

Quote from: F8-4life on December 01, 2017, 01:09:48 PM
Doors are one of those parts that nobody really needs. Unless you buy a car without doors.
Duh and who buys a car without doors? Probably the same type of guy who will want to give you $50 for the pair. LOL

ha thanks!
2009 Challenger R/T

jwells1993

Quote from: rydog1130 on November 28, 2017, 09:17:52 PM
Quote from: jwells1993 on November 28, 2017, 06:50:19 PM

Thanks, That's my 70...plan on leaving it like that and just restored this 68....doors for these guys fetch good money. I find it hard to believe everyone else gets them so cheap for these chargers considering an amd door is almost $700

looks great ive got a 78 full size would love to find a little one but there all rotted into the ground around here i had better luck finding a charger than i would finding a little bronco
keep on keepin on