News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA TRUNK HINGE- STAINLESS A-PILLAR TRIM

Started by daytonalo, November 24, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Option 1 -Been thinking about making a run of Die bent Daytona trunk hinges ,  UPDATE 1/16/18,  since I only received 4 orders and to make it worth my time to drive 4 hours to get steel and pull out tooling , I need 319.00 shipped lower 48 thru pay pal invoice .
Option -2 Pair hinges matched raw steel , you trim and drill own pivot , no c- channel . 250.00 shipped lower 48

New square tube fixture formed steel Daytona / trunk hinges . Slightly thinner wall than orig but the radiused areas are nice . We have all seen some builders  attempt to make their  own the results are either kinks or the end result is a hinge that looks nothing like the original !!
The pair hinges come with brake bent C-Channel and pivot hole drilled in hinge , you must transfer the stock oem torsion ramp from the orig hinge and fabricate a stop . Shipped in acid primer

SUPERBIRD / DODGE DAYTONA CHARGER -500,  , NEW REPRODUCTION MIRROR STAINLESS STEEL A PILLAR STAINLESS STEEL ( OFTEN REFERRED TO AS WIND DEFLECTORS ) EACH PAIR ARE MADE FROM 20 GAUGE MIRROR STAINLESS AND ACTUALLY TEST FIT ON CAR TO INSURE THERE ARE NO ISSUES .SUPERBIRD SET DOES NOT HAVE HOLES ON FRONT FACE ,MOST CUSTOMERS ARE BUILDING CLONE AND PREFER MOUNTING METHOD OF DAYTONA .TOOLING HAS RECENTLY BEEN UPDATED SO THEY LOOK AND FIT VERY NICE. EACH SET WILL CAREFULLY WRAPPED AND PADDED TO INSURE THEY ARE NOT DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. 450.00 SHIPPED LOWER 48

BigBlockSam

hey  man good to see your still around. the hinges i bought from you worked great and look right too .  :popcrn:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

Funny how you showed your appreciation  !

moparstuart

:eek2:  this guys back  , shouldn't  you be working on a boat or something     :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

Old Moparz

Boating season must be over.

:lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

aerolith

Nice hinges, good to see someone who can still do PROPER Engineering... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: even without a shirt... :scratchchin:

Never trust an engineer who doesn't wear overalls or doesn't have a ZEUS book in his top pocket... :slap:
Imperial version and not Euro metric tosh... :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

charger chris

I would like to get a set. Let me know if you make them.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

daytonalo

Thanks , your on the list . Text me your contact info so I have a way to contact you .

Larry
609-315- two six four zero

odcics2

Anybody have a 500 or Daytona clone with original A pillar trim on it?

Please consider this offer: I'll buy you a brand new set of Larry's A trim and give you $$$ for your pr. of original used trim.
Your trim would be going on the #88 Daytona.   :2thumbs:
PM if interested.  Thanks.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

charger chris

Oh you make those too. They look nice. Now all I got to do is find someone to make a steel nose.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: charger chris on November 26, 2017, 02:56:16 AM
Oh you make those too. They look nice. Now all I got to do is find someone to make a steel nose.

Gene Gregory makes them.

Just bring a big stack of hundreds. :Twocents:

Davtona

Quote from: odcics2 on November 25, 2017, 08:57:50 AM
Anybody have a 500 or Daytona clone with original A pillar trim on it?

Please consider this offer: I'll buy you a brand new set of Larry's A trim and give you $$$ for your pr. of original used trim.
Your trim would be going on the #88 Daytona.   :2thumbs:
PM if interested.  Thanks.

I assume you have seen this but in case you haven't.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-69-Dodge-Charger-500-Daytona-Driver-Side-A-Pillar-Moulding-Part-3412151/142589496783?epid=2239543735&hash=item2132ff0dcf:g:U38AAOSwu2VZX~Na&vxp=mtr

odcics2

Thanks very much for the heads up. I worked a best offer deal with the seller.

Now, I just need an original pass side "A" moulding. (used is ok)

NEW OFFER:  I'll trade a set of Larry's new "A" trim for one original pass side...   :2thumbs:

**OR**  Both of my original #30 Dave Marcis Daytona "A" trim for one original pass side.   :cheers:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

farm966

Interested in a set of hinges, when will you be making them?

Thanks

David

daytonalo

When I get ten sets ordered. Text me your info. I have 3 so far

moparmendy

i tried to contact you regarding hinges..not sure if you got the email..but i would like a set..
gary
440=522=0048

do you have the a pillar sets in stock?

thanks

steve817

Hello Dayclona
I need (2) two sets of the Trunk Hinges. How long to get them to my door and how do I get you paid up?  I also need window plug and the the deck lid close out piece. I already have the A piller wind deflectors. I'm not a tire kicker...I really need pieces and hopefully you can help out!  Thanks, Steve

daytonalo

Gary, I have you on list. Steve contact mike @ Dayclona

steve817

PM could not be sent to 'daytonalo' as their inbox is full!

I would like to purchase (2) two sets of the Trunk Hinges. Is your name Larry or Mike? Thanks, Steve

daytonalo

If its the Police its mike , other than that its Larry . Mailbox empty , send contact info . So far 6 sets .

BigBlockSam

QuoteIf it the Police its mike , other than that its Larry . Mailbox empty , send contact info . So far 6 sets .
Also my 1969 charger in " cars for sale " This is going to draw great applause by many , I'm officially exiting the Daytona world and more than likely all old cars , been there done that . If my leaving the hobby is going to cause depression , ill stick around !  Pursuing HP aircraft, plan on going 200 mph + all day long, Vans RV-8   icon_smile_big

:slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

birdsandbees

You know you can do both Larry!!  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

daytonalo

birdsandbees

I wish, all blood sweat and tears.... you can't build and sell airplanes from a 2 car garage! Something I've been doing for 24+ years, mind you I did build the first one in a 1.5 car garage! That's it on the amphibs, now 24 years later, the green/white DJK that's my own personal ride.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487