News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trailering your car without "rash"

Started by birdsandbees, November 24, 2017, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green71R/T

Don't put too much rope on the winch. I usually use twice the length of my deck or two layers on the drum when wound in. It saves crushing the bottom layers, is quicker when untangling a rats nest, and allows more pulling power. Always keep a minimum of 3 wraps on the drum.

69rtse4spd

Thanks, got the 12,000 lb. on Sat. for 300.00 with 25% off, had the wife get the remote with 25% of also. Get a plate with cover made & get it mounted, hopefully this week, thanks for all the info guys, time will tell.

birdsandbees

? for the guys using Etrack and over the tire straps. Are you parking ON the tracks, or did you position the tracks just outboard of the tires?
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

taxspeaker

Although we have a lot of D RIngs and E-tracks, we use the D-Ring with the original factory transit holes-no tires or axles needed, no ratchet issues and no rash on the axles or anywhere else, plus a snap to hook-2 in the front frame rails and 2 in the back-5 minutes and done. Buy the kit for $180 at http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/factory-tie-down-point-strap-pack/Package-Deals

Get the J Hooks, fixed end ratchet. If I remember this week I will post interior pictures with the built-in ramps that raise the car 8" and still easily clear the superbird wing at the top and nose at the front. My son installed 2 rows of 12 volt LEDs along the floor at the base to light it beyond any reasonable need for ratcheting or working on them.
Bob