News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help Please. Need info on bird headliner install and pictures

Started by chaaargerb, December 31, 2016, 10:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

Just got the headliner in. Next I'm going to do the Under Dash Stuff. :2thumbs:

chaaargerb

bannedbird

- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

oldcarnut

I'm working on the back of mine now.   Gonna have to make those package tray hold down but my question is what was done to the sides in the sail panel area? I haven't seen that mentioned and wondered if they were glued or just pulled down by the rods?  The back side seems a little to uneven to glue and have it smooth. 

chaaargerb

The headliner pretty much glues down on the package tray. The sail panels don't get glued. I did glue by the side window and lower on the inside side panel. 

RealWing

It is glued to the package tray. THis is a disassembly photo of my bird. You can see there was lots of glue sprayed onto this area.
Jim
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

Sgt Superbird

I know this is really late in the string of messages, but when I restored my Bird from 1990-2000, I was able to research a handful of untouched Superbirds, which were not that "old" at the time.  Of, I believe, three of the cars that had the rods in the them, there was only 1 present.  They appeared to be (and I was also told) that they were merely headliner bows, cut and bent.  That's how I made mine.  The original ones I saw were angled/bent, not as "curved" as I saw in some of the other pictures on this topic.  It APPEARS these were just bent in whatever shape (so angled or radiused may not matter), and they were used to assist - as a guide - to stretch the headliner in the sailpanel area (and then maybe removed and used on the other side of the car and left in place?).  Anyway, just my two cents.  It's been awhile, but I even may have some old pictures showing this in an orange Bird. Now I'm curious, and I'm going to look.