News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RM23U0A158611: Rough Project on Facebook

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 26, 2017, 11:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

This Bird just popped up on Facebook in Columbus, Georgia. Guy was asking $26,000 USD. Sale is already pending. He said these are the fender tag codes.....

15143 158860 115 052670
26 V19 V88
EV2 H2XW EW1 B30 J97062
E86 D32 RM23 U0A 158611

:popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

birdsandbees

I see dilapidated crap like this and consider over and over again whether to sell mine or keep it a tad longer. I paid half that for mine.... and drove it home upping it's 54,000 miles a bit!!  :icon_smile_big:.. mind you that was Feb 1990 !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

aerolith

Thats a lot of work to put her right and its not a high impact color etc.

1990 was the year I was made redundant from Kodak Films ltd., I had a wedge of cash and I wanted a Wingcar.
Thats when the prices were right to buy one and I did find a few for sale.
But my head was turned by a mint 69 R/T Charger so I never got my Winger... :'( :'( :'(

Herein lies the quandary for most Mopar Folks, buy a done car or give yourself the Mother of all headaches and restore a BASKET case... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

For myself its an easy answer, its resto every TIME!!! :2thumbs:

Buying a done car and smoking it around whilst Folks tell you it was built/restored/loved/cared-for by someone else, is not for me... :slap:

BEEN there DONE that.. :eyes:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Redbird

I believe it is a Tor-Red car with a White Bench interior.

If it originally came with the Passenger Mirror, I think it would be one of a handful of cars that could be the Wynn's car. Not saying it is.

alfaitalia

Good points aerolith.

Similar reasons that I aimed for the middle ground. Did not want a minter (not that I could afford one !) as I wanted to do my own thing to it and as much I as see no point in the paint dobs and chalk mark completely over restored and unrealistic 100 point cars...equally I could not chop up a beautiful car to do the Pro tour/restomod thing I want. On the other hand I did not want a rust bucket.....lots of work and time I don't have and, being in the UK, body parts are twice as hard to get as in the States. So I went middle ground and found a car with 99% of the bodywork done (in primer)...it was nearly twice the price of the rusty ones on eBay in the UK......but adding in the new panels I would have needed and the import tax and the time it was far better value. There was still chassis rust and a little patching to deal with.....but nothing major. There are unfinished project everywhere that are so much better cars for the cash that I really cant understand why anyone would buy the rusty ones on the "disillusioned sellers" thread. It might save you a few quid initially ....but will almost certainly cost more in the long run.....just spend a little longer saving!!

Obviously there are exceptions, Hemis, 500's and 'tonas  etc are scarce enough to save the rusty hulks.....but not the std 68-70 models. Full respect to those that can/do though.....just don't keep a record of how much it costs. Cuz the one in this thread will owe you more than buying a halfway decent one by the time its done!! :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

F8-4life

A no reserve auction on ebay and he may have realized 35k out of it.
Not to say it isn't rough as hell, but he has the market cornered on a project superbird.

Stevetona

Quote from: F8-4life on November 27, 2017, 12:09:18 PM
Not to say it isn't rough as hell, but he has the market cornered on a project superbird.

It very well could resurface on eBay in a month, lots of "flippers" out there.  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: F8-4life on November 27, 2017, 12:09:18 PM

it will be asking 50k  next month
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

I'd build a replica before I ever buy a car that needs a car.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

wingcarenvy

DAY CLONA

Lot of money for junk, rebody candidate at best

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 27, 2017, 04:31:48 PM
I'd build a replica before I ever buy a car that needs a car.
Either way you'll be adding 100K+ to it  :lol: