News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Demon owners getting surprises in the mail

Started by Kern Dog, November 28, 2017, 12:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Yet you buy a $80,000 Hellcat or a $100,000 Ram and you get nothing  :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

Bronzedodge

I like the pen.  Guess it helps when you write the payment check.   :smilielol:
Mopar forever!

71charger_fan

After I bought my Shelby Charger in 1983, Dodge sent me a similar package of "Dodge Shelby" or "Shelby Dodge" merchandise including special Shelby key blanks. My car was only $9200, but it was a special interest car that Dodge was pretty excited about at the time.

VegasCharger

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

You buy a new $80,000+ Dodge Demon and a month later they send you a gift package that cost them about $5.00 to produce.

Who made out on this deal?  :cheers:

But wow that horsepower  :2thumbs:

Still not for me, not at $1000.00+ a month car payment for 5 years  :eek2: :eek2:

ECS

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 29, 2017, 09:01:03 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

You buy a new $80,000+ Dodge Demon and a month later they send you a gift package that cost them about $5.00 to produce.

Still not for me, not at $1000.00+ a month car payment for 5 years  :eek2: :eek2:

Who wants to be in debt over a car they can't afford?  Pay for it, take it Home and be done with it.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

alfaitalia

Yep.....never had a car payment (or a new car) in my life......but have ran a crap load of very old cars!! Bought a few motorcycles on the strap in my youth though! You can do these things when you have mo wife/kids/mortgage.....(delete as appropriate!). :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

6bblgt

someone else noticed the irony of the DEMON giving/getting Christmas gifts  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 29, 2017, 09:01:03 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Your math....it only pays back $60,000 if NO interest is added to the loan. Dealers are doing 7 year loans now!

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 29, 2017, 11:13:46 PM
Dealers are doing 7 year loans now!

I ordered mine a few months ago when they were first offered.  I know the Owner's of 3 different FCA Dealerships and put a deposit down at all 3 locations.  I ultimately received allocation at 2 of the Dealerships but opted on the location where I normally get my Chrysler cars from.  (I'll "finance" it for one payment the day it comes in and I pick it up.....LOL). I am fortunate to know the top brass at FCA and ordered a "one of a kind" Demon.  It will have a color combination that no other Demon will be built or offered with.  I wasn't sure it would make it through the order process but by pulling a few strings, it is being "custom" built.  It won't be ready for delivery until after the first of the year or possibly the very early Spring.  I'll be sure to post pictures when it finally comes in.    

VegasCharger

Quote from: ECS on November 29, 2017, 09:28:47 AM
Who wants to be in debt over a car they can't afford?  Pay for it, take it Home and be done with it.

Agreed. The scenario above was not so much as if I was to do it. It was aimed towards the average car buying consumer. By average I mean that there are more people who finance cars than does who buy them out right.

I would NEVER take a loan out for a car, new or used.
Hey I'm not perfect and I have issues but making car payments isn't one of them. :cheers:

VegasCharger

Your math....it only pays back $60,000 if NO interest is added to the loan. Dealers are doing 7 year loans now!

Yeah I know, should've stated more like $1400.00 which is way closer to $1500.00. That's why I put the "+" next to $1000.00.

Here's an online example of buying one of these Dodge Demons at the starting price and at 3.26% interest rate for monthly payments for 60 months.

https://m.dodge.com/en/mobile/apps/pe/index.html

7 month loans?? That's insane. I remember the max loan periods being 36 months coming out of high school.

EDIT: Link only goes to the fill out section page. Here's a screenshot of my example. Also I forgot to include a 10% down payment to the example above. :cheers:

BDF

Quote from: ECS on November 30, 2017, 02:25:38 AM
Dealers are doing 7 year loans now!

I ordered mine a few months ago when they were first offered.  I know the Owner's of 3 different FCA Dealerships and put a deposit down at all 3 locations.  I ultimately received allocation at 2 of the Dealerships but opted on the location where I normally get my Chrysler cars from.  (I'll "finance" it for one payment the day it comes in and I pick it up.....LOL). I am fortunate to know the top brass at FCA and ordered a "one of a kind" Demon.  It will have a color combination that no other Demon will be built or offered with.  I wasn't sure it would make it through the order process but by pulling a few strings, it is being "custom" built.  It won't be ready for delivery until after the first of the year or possibly the very early Spring.  I'll be sure to post pictures when it finally comes in.    
:2thumbs:  :popcrn:

ECS

69rtse4spd

Nice, ?, going to leave the plastic on like they use to do in the 50"s, & I would send it back , no paint on the hood latch catch rod, :icon_smile_big:.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

hemigeno

Quote from: ECS on April 02, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
Just got my new Demon

Congrats, Dave!

I'm sure the list of volunteers to wrinkle up that passenger's seat bottom (high pucker factor) is quite long.

taxspeaker

Wow, wow, wow! Look at that car-gorgeous. COngrats! Did you spring for the full $1 back seat  ;) ;)
It is beautiful

alfaitalia

Cool looking car...we wont ever see one here....unless its a personal import. It was tested on Top Gear a couple of weeks back. They dragged it to prove how quick it was. They were very impressed by the acceleration but way less than impressed on the way it handled compared to most other cars with that sort of power. Which I'm guessing why I wont be imported.....Euros like cars that handle....except us US car fans over here of course.....but my Charger will handle....a bit....I hope!

If it didn't weight 4280 ish pound (1945 kilos....so about as much as Euro mid size pick up truck!..... it might actually go around corners......and be even quicker. Why is it so heavy??? Weighs exactly the same as the much bigger 4 door BMW M5.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

I've seen enough episodes over the past 15 or so years to conclude that that show is not a fan of USA cars and the USA as a whole.  Top Gear rarely has something positive to say about the USA and cars built here. ... so nothing new there.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparstuart

shouldnt that Be a Ram Charger Hood on a dodge   :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE