News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Demon owners getting surprises in the mail

Started by Kern Dog, November 28, 2017, 12:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on April 03, 2018, 12:45:40 PM
I've seen enough episodes over the past 15 or so years to conclude that that show is not a fan of USA cars and the USA as a whole.  Top Gear rarely has something positive to say about the USA and cars built here. ... so nothing new there.

I think you are just not getting their humour...that like cars..full stop. Hammond had several US muscle cars..new and old and until recently Clarkson owned a recent GT40. The simple fact is that not many US built (built meaning styled and engineered as well as actually screwed together) cars sell in any volume outside the states. It's not just their looks, which seem to appeal mainly to you guys whereas Japanese and German cars seem to have more universally excepted looks,...but the fact that historically US cars have suspension that is more suited to comfort or going fast in a straight line rather than outright handling. Where we will sacrifice a little comfort to go round corners faster. Not saying that's a bad thing...different strokes...etc etc. Your counties history with and love of drag racing (almost a dead sport here) also influences your car design....as much as track days and the Nurbergring does ours. But the Demon is much too heavy....I can't see why they cant lose 400lb...and make it quicker still. I'd love to try one though!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

You could be right...you guys have a different kind of humor.

And drag racing almost a dead sport in the United Kingdom?

Santa pod raceway just invested a million Pounds sterling this winter to take out the asphalt and pour a completely new concrete track surface.
I don't think they would do that if drag racing in the U.K. was dying anytime soon.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/englands-santa-pod-raceway-undergoing-concrete-transformation/

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

ECS

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Lennard

Beautiful car. I personally wouldn't have picked a green one though.  :2thumbs:

Q5XX29

Quote from: Lennard on April 03, 2018, 10:15:07 PM
Beautiful car. I personally wouldn't have picked a green one though.  :2thumbs:

I needed a color that I didn't already have!    :icon_smile_big:    I've always been a fan of F8 green, anyway.
dakota_gt on Instagram

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on April 03, 2018, 05:48:37 PM
You could be right...you guys have a different kind of humor.

And drag racing almost a dead sport in the United Kingdom?

Santa pod raceway just invested a million Pounds sterling this winter to take out the asphalt and pour a completely new concrete track surface.
I don't think they would do that if drag racing in the U.K. was dying anytime soon.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/englands-santa-pod-raceway-undergoing-concrete-transformation/

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

True enough but the Pod is the home of Drag in the UK..where national and international events are staged (excuse the pun..lol). Quite a few years back we had dozens of tracks with regular events. Now we have about 6 nationwide...some of them are not permanent (ie, they are old air strips pressed into service a couple of times a year) and some are eighths...not a real drag strip to me! Pity really...never really had an interest in car drag....but I put a few bikes down the strip. Fun, exciting and petrifying all at the same time!

Lennard

alfaitalia

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lennard on April 03, 2018, 10:15:07 PM
Beautiful car. I personally wouldn't have picked a green one though.  :2thumbs:

I'm usually not a fan of green cars either, but for some reason I like this one. Would look good w/ more black accents.

But my question is...from a practical standpoint, how "driveable" is the Demon?  Could it theoretically be used as a daily or is it really more like a "Sunday Car" / Track Toy?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Q5XX29 on April 03, 2018, 09:20:47 PM
Here is mine:

29474100-1EE8-48A0-A73D-570D2AFBB0D3 by William Brunner, on Flickr

LOVE the F8!! I really want to get myself a F8 T/A 392 to go with my '08 SRT8. I see you have one in the background too!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

E5 Charger

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
shouldnt that Be a Ram Charger Hood on a dodge   :nana:

Same people put the "AAR" hood on the Challenger T/A...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 05, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
shouldnt that Be a Ram Charger Hood on a dodge   :nana:

Same people put the "AAR" hood on the Challenger T/A...
they are calling it an Air Grabber but thats a Plymouth term   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Q5XX29

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 05, 2018, 03:48:32 PM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on April 03, 2018, 09:20:47 PM
Here is mine:

29474100-1EE8-48A0-A73D-570D2AFBB0D3 by William Brunner, on Flickr

Nice !!!! Demon-badge-delete option?

Thanks, guys!

Troy- I still haven't re-installed my Demon badges, after pulling them off for a "cleaner" install of the paint protection film. I wrapped the whole car in it. Those Demon badges have too many complex curves to cut around!
dakota_gt on Instagram

ws23rt

Kern Dog

I'd pick the green one over red. That is a color that is not seen everywhere.  :2thumbs:
I used to not care for the green cars but my mind has changed about them the last few years. I am absolutely burned out on Black, White and Silver on new vehicles.

alfaitalia

I hear that.....but not so burned out to make green seem like a good idea! That's why I'm going for a Royal metallic blue...just to be different. Its actually a Ford colour (sorry...but its just paint)....with the great name of Deep Impact Blue!!

TexasStroker

Both Demons are sweet!  Q5XX29, where did you source those Charger & Challenger neon signs?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Q5XX29

Thanks for the comments, guys!

TexasStroker, I bought those from a neon vendor that came to a local car show in Sioux Falls, SD. Neon Sign Shack.

https://www.facebook.com/Neon-Sign-Shack-492409240849580/
dakota_gt on Instagram

TexasStroker

Awesome, thanks for the info...That garage is killer!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!