News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Demon owners getting surprises in the mail

Started by Kern Dog, November 28, 2017, 12:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 14, 2018, 03:28:50 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info...That garage is killer!

No problem, and thank you. There are photos around here on the forum of the upstairs garage, which is actually the larger, fancier one.
dakota_gt on Instagram

myk

Quote from: Lennard on April 03, 2018, 12:45:40 PM
I've seen enough episodes over the past 15 or so years to conclude that that show is not a fan of USA cars and the USA as a whole.  Top Gear rarely has something positive to say about the USA and cars built here. ... so nothing new there.

Absolutely hate Top Gear and their "cheeky" cast.  They're entitled to their opinion of American cars being "rubbish," and I exercise my choice to not pay them one bit of attention.  Well, there was that one time that the little guy on the show supposedly bought a '68 Charger R/T and they even featured it, but I get the feeling they set up that segment just to make fun of 2nd Generation Chargers and American cars in general.  I never watched an episode after that one...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I'm with you Myk.  Bash American cars and then show your superiority by driving a microcar in an office building or racing a bullet train with a raft you made from a Defender.  What does that even prove?  Go ahead and have fun but if you can celebrate a single passenger microcar you can be admirable to American cars.

alfaitalia

It's light entertainment...not a proper car show. Just watch it for what it is. US classics are, by and large loved by petrolheads in Europe (UK included..at least for another few months...lol). But new U.S. cars are not...and that's why you hardly export any here. The build quality is ok ..hard plastic dashes aside..but the styling generally does not appeal over here...not that's they are particularly ugly...we just have different views on what a car should look like....which is a good thing imo. That said there are current model Mustangs everywhere...the first generation of that car that ever sold in numbers here. No Dodges are officially imported to the UK...the last one was the Caliber...yuk!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

taxspeaker

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but they do seem to fit the Demon's sinister look. I think they might (?) look a little better on the green one because of its darker color, and my bias in favor of dark green. Haven't seen (or heard) a demon in person yet, but there is one supposed to be delivered here locally near Louisville in southern Indiana that many of us are waiting on. Will this be the Dodge Daytona of 2050-a car of dreams?

myk

Quote from: taxspeaker on April 22, 2018, 10:29:02 AM
I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but they do seem to fit the Demon's sinister look. I think they might (?) look a little better on the green one because of its darker color, and my bias in favor of dark green. Haven't seen (or heard) a demon in person yet, but there is one supposed to be delivered here locally near Louisville in southern Indiana that many of us are waiting on. Will this be the Dodge Daytona of 2050-a car of dreams?

Yeah what is up with the black wheels fad; I think they look awful...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

J.Bond

Black rims were made for those lazy sum bitcxx's that don't wash or take care of their cars, notice they then wrap, in matte finish, no waxing required..

Back then, if you did not have money. a rattle can of flat black, worked miracles. But, it was what it was, cheap.....

alfaitalia

Quote from: myk on April 22, 2018, 11:15:35 AM
Quote from: taxspeaker on April 22, 2018, 10:29:02 AM

Yeah what is up with the black wheels fad; I think they look awful...

I'm not a big fan.....but it can look good....depends on wheel design and the paint colour of the rest of the car. Quite like gunmetal wheels though.

timmycharger

Quote from: myk on April 19, 2018, 03:50:17 PM
I've seen enough episodes over the past 15 or so years to conclude that that show is not a fan of USA cars and the USA as a whole.  Top Gear rarely has something positive to say about the USA and cars built here. ... so nothing new there.

Absolutely hate Top Gear and their "cheeky" cast.  They're entitled to their opinion of American cars being "rubbish," and I exercise my choice to not pay them one bit of attention.  Well, there was that one time that the little guy on the show supposedly bought a '68 Charger R/T and they even featured it, but I get the feeling they set up that segment just to make fun of 2nd Generation Chargers and American cars in general.  I never watched an episode after that one...

Agree that they routinely bash cars from the USA but there are some parts of that show I used to really enjoy like the celebrities or F1 drivers taking a regular car on a hot lap around the track.   Regarding the little guy, I think he was ok in this vid about a 68 Charger..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlivLJI2ZIk

Edit: this video is just part of it, for some reason, I can't find the actual clip from the show where he talks about it.

myk

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on April 25, 2018, 09:01:26 AM
Just a couple...

https://youtu.be/pjzpx_jUUA0

https://youtu.be/mep9AbSlArE

https://youtu.be/pKcJ-0bAHB4

Not great examples....pretty much everything they said in those vids....was true! Europeans generally (not me of course!) don't like US cars and if nothing else he (like you) is entitled to his opinion. Its light entertainment....you are taking it too seriously. If you don't like it...don't watch it...wont stop it (and his new Amazon show...The Grand Tour) being one of the most watched car based shows in the World! I will admit I don't watch many of Top Gear with the new presenter inc your very own Matt Le Blanc....its truly terrible now....very poor standard of presenting (no natural rapport between the 3 new presenters like Jez, James and Richard have)  and just not close to being as funny funny!

moparstuart

still the best and funniest car show ever on TV , Camera work and cinematography are the best bar none 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 20, 2018, 12:15:24 PM
It's light entertainment...not a proper car show.

Indeed light in the "entertainment" area.

I stopped watching the Hammond/May/Clarkson Top Gear when just about every episode was a variation of  "Clarkson [in a car], Hammond [in a bike or boat] , and May [in some odd contraption] in a contrived race against [skier/runner/climber/cyclist] across the [insert well known city or well known geographical location]...who will get there first??!" Come to think of it, TGUSA and other versions kinda do the same thing. 
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ECS

Quote from: ECS on April 03, 2018, 08:37:40 PM
One of kind Interior.

I'll soon have a professional photo session with all the details to show!  Stay tuned.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ws23rt

It's too bad the Demon is offered with the auto trans. only. (This car was made and intended for the 1/4 mile folks).
My interest in buying one of these was nixed when I found that to be the case.

I waited until 09 to get an SRT8 with a man. transmission. (not avaliable for the 08 cars). Then made a move to a Hellcat when I found the right price for a three-pedal car.
Maybe if dodge comes around with a change of mind about how the car changes gears -for the next offering- I will be moved again to play. For now, I'm out.

alfaitalia

I bet the Demon is set up to change ratios , flat out over the quarter, faster than any of us could do it manually!!...as you say it was what the whole car was engineered around.
....but my 69 is a manual!! Three pedals rule!!

Kern Dog

No human can outshift a modern automatic. If the lowest ET is the goal, an automatic is the way. I can understand that many people are into driving for the the whole experience so for them, only a manual transmission will do.

odcics2

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 06, 2018, 11:50:32 AM
No human can outshift a modern automatic. If the lowest ET is the goal, an automatic is the way. I can understand that many people are into driving for the the whole experience so for them, only a manual transmission will do.

Where's Ronnie Sox when you need him?    :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi-hampton

Q5XX29

I took my Demon to the dragstip a couple of weeks ago. Drove my family there in it, dropped the rear tire pressure a bit, cracked off some 10-second passes at over 130 mph, then drove all of us home in it with the A/C and cruise control on, listening to some sweet tunes on the terrific stereo system. Man, I love that car.

Untitled by William Brunner, on Flickr

dakota_gt on Instagram

orange383

Quote from: myk on April 19, 2018, 03:50:17 PM

Absolutely hate Top Gear and their "cheeky" cast.  They're entitled to their opinion of American cars being "rubbish," and I exercise my choice to not pay them one bit of attention.  Well, there was that one time that the little guy on the show supposedly bought a '68 Charger R/T and they even featured it, but I get the feeling they set up that segment just to make fun of 2nd Generation Chargers and American cars in general.  I never watched an episode after that one...

The R/T was only featured on the show. Hammond liked it so much he bought a '69 Charger which was originally a 318 if I remember correctly. After he sold it the car was turned into a GL replica and I very nearly bought from the Chap that did the GL conversion.

Hammond loves his American cars!

Lennard

Quote from: Q5XX29 on May 15, 2018, 12:59:09 AM
I took my Demon to the dragstip a couple of weeks ago. Drove my family there in it, dropped the rear tire pressure a bit, cracked off some 10-second passes at over 130 mph, then drove all of us home in it with the A/C and cruise control on, listening to some sweet tunes on the terrific stereo system. Man, I love that car.

Awesome!  That's exactly why Chrysler built them. :2thumbs: