News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UNDERSIDE car color paint code or BODY color UPDATED

Started by Highbanked Hauler, November 30, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Apparently there is a paint color that is supposed to match the PRIMER GRAY that was on the underside of our cars from the factory. Does anyone know the color code or name ?

Thanks,  Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

maxwellwedge

I think Frank Badalson/Roger Gibson sell it....but it isn't primer like the original dip primer.....everyone matches the color and formulates it in acrylic enamel usually.

68RT440

1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Highbanked Hauler

What is more socially acceptable for the underside if it is due to be painted, dark gray primer color or body color  which in my case  is a 68 code " X " and similer to 69  B5 ?????
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Highbanked Hauler

92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Alaskan_TA

The dip primer varied some plant to plant & year to year. It ranges from gray to black.

Restored would match what your car has.

Modified / custom - body color.

It just depends on what you want to do.

birdsandbees

..anything but Grave Yard cars "all black" ! Unless yours was an undercoat car to start with (or I guess an LA car where they used black dip primer).

I debated on mine to duplicate factory primer and colour overspray, but opted for the beauty and expense of full body colour.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

pipeliner

Remember to run the hell out of it, underneath, engine compartment and trunk just like the factory did. My car was factory undercoated.