News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: 70 Charger front bumper assembly?

Started by JR, December 05, 2017, 11:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I have a complete bumper/bracket assembly from a 70 Charger that I'd been saving in case I ever needed them, but lately I'm trying to clean up my garage and decided maybe I should sell this.

It's a complete, unrestored front bumper assembly from a 70. Including the valence cross bar. It has everything except the grille. Surface rust on all of the brackets, and the chrome isn't very good, but all of the steel is solid and would restore nicely, and the chrome is good enough for a driver. It's a good straight core.

This isn't my pic, but I found an identical setup for sale, and this is exactly what I have. Similar condition too.

So, just curious, what should I ask for this? Are the parts worth anything? If they aren't worth selling, I'll just keep them in storage just in case. Thanks.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Old Moparz

Most replating companies will give an outright $50 to $75 for bumper cores, maybe $100 if you are getting a bumper replated. I've seen blasted & repainted brackets for sale for other year cars for about the same price, less for ones that need to be redone. (Not sure if the 70 is difficult to find) I bought a reinforcement bar for my '68 for $35 but can't say what that valance might be worth.

I did sell the exact same set up you're offering along with a clean, undamaged, mint grille with headlight doors for $15 but that was in 1982 though.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JR

I appreciate the help, I've had no idea what it maybe worth or if it was even worth selling.

I had been saving it for a worst case scenario, but ive been on a cleaning binge lately and it feels nice to have the room.

I'll throw it on Craigslist for 200 bucks o.b.o. and see what happens. No big deal if it doesn't sell.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

charger_fan_4ever

Id buy the top and bottom long thin brackets that bolt to the bumper(if you would separate) if there is no rot on them as mine have holes. Not sure what their correct name is.

F8-4life

You should keep your eye out for a 70 grill.
Buy one right, combine it with your bumper and your looking at 1200ish, and it makes your bumper that much easier of a sale.

Rolling_Thunder

Speak for yourself - I've been trying to offload a 70 Charger / Grill assembly for a year or so now...     couple cracks but complete I have it priced reasonably   :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

6pkrtse

JR & Rolling Thunder. Wish you guys were local here in Mi. I would consider both your front bumper assembly & grille assemblies for my builds but freight charges would take it over the top. probably cost more to ship then they are worth....
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic