News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water driver & passenger side

Started by q8charger, December 09, 2017, 03:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello,

I just finished my car restoration new paint job  new weatherstrip and new front window. I just spray few water on the front window to test. I find water coming inside Driver and passenger side. I don't know what I should do about this i do not want pull anything I just finished it . If i spray too much water will be under brake pedal

green69rt

Two more places to look are around the windshield wiper pivots and around the passenger compartment vent holes.  Can you look up with a flashlight and see where the water is coming from?  It takes some contortion but you have to try.  Instead of using a garden hose, use a spray bottle with the nozzle set for a hard stream. Block off (tape it up) every other place you can think of and then test one place at a time.

c00nhunterjoe

Also check the wiper motor itself. Mine leaked where the motor bolted to the cowl.

alfaitalia

Yep...mine too. Judging by the rust that was on the inside of the fire wall and the floor below mine was leaking there for a long time before she was taken off the road.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Little bit of rtv fixed mine right up

Old Moparz

I agree, the wiper pivots are probably the culprit. I chased a leak like that in my wife's Duster in the mid 1980's never realizing that after pulling mouldings, cleaning & resealing the windshield gasket & later checking heater core hoses & under the dash that the stupid pivot gaskets might be the problem.  :rotz:  :lol:

Shumacher:
http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/GasketKits.html
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Polygon

Mine does too, and that's one of my next projects.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page