News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction power window door panel switch holes

Started by igozumn, December 12, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igozumn

I should probably call/email Legendary, but are the reproduction door panels, what I mean is, is the power window switch in the same location as the manual regulator?  The holes that are showing in the Legendary picture for manual windows, do you just open up that hole for the power switches?  Peel back the vinyl enough to be able to cut the board, and then roll the vinyl over the new hole?  I thought maybe I had read that the lower end panels were not cut, but marked for either? 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Nacho-RT74

can't tell on 2nd gens, but 3rd gens the hole crank is on same location than power window swithes at least for front panels. On backside you can see the marks to proceed to enlarge the cut out for the switch ( on  original panels... can't recall on POS reproductions )

ear panels are a ver diff story ( at least on 3rd gens )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BLK 68 R/T

The last set of door panels from Legendary that I saw didn't have any of the holes punched. The fiber board was marked on the backside and had perforations already there for you to choose between power or manual windows. All you had to do was finish cutting out which one you wanted.

igozumn

Ron at Legendary says the hole is in the same place, so you would just open up the manual round hole to accept the square switch mounts.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Dino

Quote from: igozumn on December 13, 2017, 01:28:01 PM
Ron at Legendary says the hole is in the same place, so you would just open up the manual round hole to accept the square switch mounts.

Correct. The top of both holes are pretty much on the same line and it's pretty easy to cut out the rectangle or square for the power window switch. I didn't peel back the vinyl. With a sharp exacto knife I cut the outline with the help of a ruler. From there I took my time and ran the blade over the entire length of the cardboard several times. You will then be able to break off the thin layers of cardboard coming up.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

igozumn

That's what I thought I remembered reading somewhere.  Just wanted to make sure.