News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Alternative routing for tach cable

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, December 16, 2017, 07:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

My car did not come from the factory with a tach. During the resto I have installed a tic tock tach. I know where to pierce the firewall for the tach lead, but was curious if there is another route through the firewall so I would not have to make a hole. I know kind of dumb question, but one day I may want to go back to the original clock without the tach.

Thanks

Charger-Bodie

Use one of the open slots in the bulkhead. I've done this a few times.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

If it's an automatic then you can use the oval shaped plastic block off plate where the clutch master would go on a manual. Drill a hole and use a rubber grommet or buy another type of grommet to fit the stock hole.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Sixt8Chrgr

I might as well just drill a hole where the factory put it and forget about it. I am doubtful I will change it back.

Thanks for the help!