News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SCAT PACK DECALS FOR A DAYTONA

Started by kevs1969daytona, December 23, 2017, 02:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

Could you back in 1969 get Scat Pack stickers for the rear window of a Daytona.  Thinking of putting a set on the rear windows of my project.  Would that be correct to have them on the car, I always thought they started in 1970 for the Charger ???  Found these stickers say they go back to 68.

odcics2

WHY ALL THE YELLING ?? (all caps is yelling, on the 'net)

Put whatever you want. Technically, I don't think they are correct for the 1/4 glass like a 70.
I don't remember seeing them back when the cars were new. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Redbird

I believe the 1/4 window bee stickers were 1970 items, though some could have been installed on 71's.

I think they were available in 1970 and 1971 parts catalogs too.

On the original stickers, there were different ones for different cars. The Dart and Challenger had one part number. B bodies had a different part number. The different numbers had to do with the diagonal cut on the backing to provide placement guidance.

I think originals were manufactured by "American Decal and Mfg. Co."

If you look at original dealership brochures from 1968-1971, you can find a more accurate accounting of when the different round "Bee" stickers were used, rather than the reproduction parts page you attach.

As for adding 1/4 window Bees to your car to make it more special. Well.... It would be a lot more accurate in terms of time frame to paste on a 1969 AM radio station bumper sticker.

If you are looking for a unique sticker to add to your car, this would be the one. Original Fasson "Plasticsign" only please.

I remember 1969 Cars with the Bees in the quarter windows in the early 1970's. By then the parts counter Bees were available.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on December 23, 2017, 02:21:19 PM
Could you back in 1969 get Scat Pack stickers for the rear window of a Daytona.  Thinking of putting a set on the rear windows of my project.  Would that be correct to have them on the car, I always thought they started in 1970 for the Charger ???  Found these stickers say they go back to 68.

If you want bees in your qtr windows put them in!, my Daytona has them, but then it's a "1970 Daytona"... :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

Quote from: Redbird on December 23, 2017, 05:06:52 PM
I believe the 1/4 window bee stickers were 1970 items, though some could have been installed on 71's.

I think they were available in 1970 and 1971 parts catalogs too.

On the original stickers, there were different ones for different cars. The Dart and Challenger had one part number. B bodies had a different part number. The different numbers had to do with the diagonal cut on the backing to provide placement guidance.

I think originals were manufactured by "American Decal and Mfg. Co."

If you look at original dealership brochures from 1968-1971, you can find a more accurate accounting of when the different round "Bee" stickers were used, rather than the reproduction parts page you attach.

As for adding 1/4 window Bees to your car to make it more special. Well.... It would be a lot more accurate in terms of time frame to paste on a 1969 AM radio station bumper sticker.

If you are looking for a unique sticker to add to your car, this would be the one. Original Fasson "Plasticsign" only please.

I remember 1969 Cars with the Bees in the quarter windows in the early 1970's. By then the parts counter Bees were available.

Wow, your sticker is shrunken about as bad as mine!   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Alaskan_TA

The 1970 model year was the first year for factory installed Bees in the rear side windows.

From the start of the Scat Pack Club other stickers were available for members to purchase,

Lighthorseman

Very cool idea.  I'll be putting "Rapid Transit System" stickers in the windows of my Bird.  :2thumbs:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 24, 2017, 08:34:48 AM
The 1970 model year was the first year for factory installed Bees in the rear side windows.

From the start of the Scat Pack Club other stickers were available for members to purchase,

If 1970 was the first year, why did they make bee stickers for '68 and '69?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Redbird

The '68 dealer sticker Bees were on a round white background, like the '69 and '70-'71 dealer sticker Bees. The graphic of the Dealer give-away Bees got more aggressive as the years went on.

Probably as common, or more common in '68 (for owner application) were the round water decal Bees, they came in a couple of sizes.

There were hundreds of different stickers the C/P/D dealers gave away in the muscle car era, as well as all kinds of other swag.

I think there were very few organized dealer campaigns to get owners to add stickers to their cars. As far as on the windows maybe the quarter window Bees and the '69 Car of the Year small rectangular stickers. There were always bumper stickers too, which were really aimed at being put on your car.

The "Hustle Stuff" sticker since it was double sided was meant for windows, like on a car too.

Dealers had the "Merchandising" stickers meant to highlight features on a "For Sale Car". Dealers being optimistic pretty much saw these as short term advertising.

So many of the stickers seemed to be oriented for things like putting on your textbooks.

Most of the dealer give away stickers were not built to last in an exterior environment exposed to the elements.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 24, 2017, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 24, 2017, 08:34:48 AM

If 1970 was the first year, why did they make bee stickers for '68 and '69?

For the club, as I mentioned. ;-)