News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does this go in?

Started by john108, October 19, 2019, 08:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Charger
I have the Metro Roof Rail Seals.
Each of the two seals are a mirror image of the other.
How do they fit into the roof rail molding, and which of the 2 are driver and passenger side??
Feeling the inside of the roof rail molding, each side of the molding has a shoulder, I believe meant to retain the seal.
But, I haven't decided which way and how it is pushed in.
The pictures below are the same seal, just a slightly different angle.  Is it driver or passenger side?
How does it bottom in the channel of the molding?

I know it is wordy, but Thank You
John

HeavyFuel

My experience has been that the repos are not shaped right, and will never do a good job.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98556.msg1162072.html#msg1162072

green69rt

here's the page from the FSM, good luck making sense out of it.  Read the text, it gives clues.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 31, 2019, 02:53:07 PM
My experience has been that the repos are not shaped right, and will never do a good job.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98556.msg1162072.html#msg1162072

I never seen a repro of anything shaped right. unfortunately. :brickwall:

green69rt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 31, 2019, 08:14:04 PM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 31, 2019, 02:53:07 PM

I never seen a repro of anything shaped right. unfortunately. :brickwall:

Yeap, they are all over the place.  Some are better than others but you never know till you actually get it in your hands.

john108

I got the Metro.
I put it in and it doesn't look bad.
I an still having some trouble aligning the quarter window not to fold the rubber one way or the other.

green69rt

Quote from: john108 on November 03, 2019, 01:46:57 PM
I got the Metro.
I an still having some trouble aligning the quarter window not to fold the rubber one way or the other.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the windows actually push one layer of the rubber against the rest to form the seal.  It's not like the window slips into a groove of the rubber but pushes against one layer.  Now I'm going to have to go out and look,  again,  to see how mine fit!

HeavyFuel

Quote from: green69rt on November 03, 2019, 07:29:13 PM
Quote from: john108 on November 03, 2019, 01:46:57 PM
I got the Metro.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the windows actually push one layer of the rubber against the rest to form the seal.  It's not like the window slips into a groove of the rubber but pushes against one layer.  Now I'm going to have to go out and look,  again,  to see how mine fit!

I too tried the Metros, and they are now rolled up in a drawer in my garage.  The 40 year old originals (now over 50) went back on the car.

If you reviewed my lengthy topic (linked above.....wow, over 30,300 views!), I went great pains to get the Metros to work.  No dice.

How hard is it to take a known profile and reproduce it exactly?  I'm getting pissed off all over again just thinking about the time I spent trying get my glass adjusted, especially the quarters.  Low and behold, as soon as I put the original foam back on, all the glass adjusted beautifully.

john108

Still adjusting, but the quarter glass slips into the channel most of the way but grabs the inner lip partially.