News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grampas car

Started by F8-4life, December 17, 2017, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lennard

I guess he's not afraid of those big trees on each side of the landing strip.

Mike DC

QuoteI guess he's not afraid of those big trees on each side of the landing strip.

That was my thought too the first time I saw this video.  

The driver was aiming himself from out-of-sight on the other side of the hill.  Even with a perfect aim he still could have bounced out of control when he landed.  A few degrees left or right could have killed him.    I wonder if he even realized the danger the trees posed when he did it.

Sublime/Sixpack

Fun to watch, but that could have turned out bad!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

F8-4life

I would think it's not the first time he tried it.
But you can bet he pushed it a little harder for the video.

alfaitalia

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on December 17, 2017, 09:27:43 PM

You cant live life thinking like that or you would never go outside......and  got four titanium plates and 60 screws in my left arm forever to prove it!! Life is for living.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 18, 2017, 03:10:48 AM

You cant live life thinking like that or you would never go outside......and  got four titanium plates and 60 screws in my left arm forever to prove it!! Life is for living.
There is a line where "having fun" crosses into "being stupid".  Fear is what keeps us alive.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 18, 2017, 03:10:48 AM

You cant live life thinking like that or you would never go outside......and  got four titanium plates and 60 screws in my left arm forever to prove it!! Life is for living.

I make a brief statement about how a stunt could have gone bad, and you feel it necessary to tell me how to think and live?
Just for the record, I go outside everyday, I've lived, still do, and plan to for several more years. And hopefully without hardware installed into my body's frame. I've pulled stunts that should have killed me or at least injured or maimed me for life. I've been lucky or blessed, maybe both. I still enjoy the rush of adrenaline and do things that a more cautious person wouldn't. But because of life's experiences and good sense I see things differently then some do.
Have you ever spoken to someone that was paralyzed from the waist or neck down because of a senseless injury? That will change a person's mindset.
When I saw that driver shoot between those trees I couldn't help but think about the burden he would put on family members or whoever would become his care takers if he was to crash and end up paralyzed. It makes good sense to at least let such things cross one's mind.
I've seen good peoples lives seriously affected by thoughtless stunts pulled by others that were "just having fun" so to speak.
If someone wants to pull a stunt that may kill them, so be it. But when it may very well affect the lives of others that's when my thinking changes.   

F8-4life

Sublime now you have me curious on some of your past stunts..can you share a story or two?

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: F8-4life on December 18, 2017, 01:36:29 PM
Sublime now you have me curious on some of your past stunts..can you share a story or two?

At this point in my life I try not to dwell on them, but one had to do with hitting a power pole then six or seven trees while driving at a high rate of speed. What bothers me the most about that experience is the harm I could easily have done to others.

alfaitalia

Well i did, he did it, you did it (whatever each of us did)...and we are all still here to tell the tales. In my experience you are far more likely to regret the things you didn't do rather than those you did. I'm not telling you (or anyone else) how to live or think...equally we cant tell him not to jump his cars between trees!....I'm guessing somebody that mad would not take a blind bid of notice even if we did. :2thumbs:

F8-4life

I have been skateboarding for 16 years and in my experience if you know your limits, calculate your risk, and search/push for fun at the same time you end up walking the line pretty well.
Speaking only for myself, I think these kind of things are great but like everything, one stupid guy pushes too far or doesn't plan right, and the consequences speak volumes to the input-ed action that is only his fault and his alone.

One story for you guys, when I was in college they had this parking garage..5 storys high.
East and west rooftop levels where seperated by an open air space but their was a concrete ledge connecting the two sides.
About 50-60 feet long and about a foot wide..but 5 storys up with a concrete greeting below.
After I saw it for the first time, it stuck in my mind and bugged me for months.
A couple times I almost worked myself up to trying it and stopped (while on my way to classes.)
One day in the summer I ended up walking accrossed the ledge, showing myself that my mind was the biggest hang up involved in the task.
I made a point to stop in the center and look down, as I knew it was the last time I would ever attempt it.
This was around 2010 or so.

-This was cscc in Columbus, Ohio. After thinking about it this is probably a 9-10 floor parking garage, I misspoke.
No way in hell it was only 5 floors.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 18, 2017, 04:24:57 PM
Well i did, he did it, you did it (whatever each of us did)...and we are all still here to tell the tales. In my experience you are far more likely to regret the things you didn't do rather than those you did. I'm not telling you (or anyone else) how to live or think...equally we cant tell him not to jump his cars between trees!....I'm guessing somebody that mad would not take a blind bid of notice even if we did. :2thumbs:

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but it seems that there's one thing you are overlooking. Nowhere did I "tell him not to jump his cars between trees" as you put it. I simply made a statement based on what I saw in the video. It was just an observation and conclusion on my part. And now here's a simply worded wish to you; Merry Christmas. :icon_smile:

P.S.
tan top - you're right, good landing! :thumbs:

alfaitalia

....and to you Sir ! Cheers...and I actually have a large JD in my hand as I type this! (don't forget is 10.30 at night here...I'm not some daytime drinking alcoholic!)  :cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

Kern Dog

Is F8 actually Toby Hawk ??

Lennard

RallyeMike

This video has been a saved favorite of mine on youtube for years and years. I still love it.

Yea it was stupid, but they got away with it. Taking some risks and enjoying the payoff is what makes life worth living. Some people are satisfied with zero risk and they sit on couch or at a keyboard. Some people free climb mountains or jump a car. Either way, it's a personal decision.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

lloyd3

The video makes my blood run cold because it reminds me of all the seriously dumb things that I did as a much younger man.  Bored and horny drives young men to make some really bad decisions sometimes. I am grateful to have survived such idiotic behavior... and even more so for not killing or hurting anybody else.

alfaitalia

Nah....It's not getting old that stops you doing things.....is stopping doing things that makes you get old. I'm 51 in a few days and I've just come back from a weeks surfing in Newquay Corwall UK. A couple of the waves on the bigger days were well beyond my ability....did not stop me having a go though....six inch bruise I my left thigh to show for it...don't regret trying though. I still steer my old Merc DD from the rear on the country roads around here when I'm on my own. Some won't agree and that's fine but as far as I'm concerned the day i stop doing the odd risky thing then I might as well be dead anyway. It runs in the family....my father took up inshore power boat racing when he was sixty....most racers retire in there fifties and he was told that when he started....four years later and several hospital trips he came second in the World Championships in Norway. He's 73 now....still riding a motorcycle like a man possessed! I hope my son turns out the same...and yes I will worry about his safety...my dad still worries about me!...but I won't stop him.

alfaitalia

Here is the old man (Bob) taking the Ring for a test run a couple of years back.... (sorry about quality....photo of a photo).

..and here he is with is equally old (and bald...sorry Dad!) co-racer!...Gary. Dad is on the right in this one.

69rtse4spd

You only get one ticket in life. Wish your dad well, cause he is living.