News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who else airs up their front tires when drag racing to 50 60 or more psi?

Started by Harper, December 19, 2017, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Lennard

Discussion Boards > Upcoming Shows, Cruise-ins, Swaps, and Drags.

Quote: who else airs up their front tires when drag racing to 50 60 or more psi?

When and where is that drag race event?  ;)

HPP

FWIW, its only effective if you need a hair more roll out and are using bias ply tires. Radials won't expand their diameter with higher pressure, although you may be able to minimize the contact patch some. IMO, that doesn't make enough of a difference to matter.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: HPP on December 20, 2017, 10:03:28 AM
FWIW, its only effective if you need a hair more roll out and are using bias ply tires. Radials won't expand their diameter with higher pressure, although you may be able to minimize the contact patch some. IMO, that doesn't make enough of a difference to matter.

:cheers:

alfaitalia

.....yep...and if your are accelerating hard enough front contact patch should be minimal anyway...and in the case of some of you boys on here..no contact patch at all! :D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 20, 2017, 06:15:30 PM
.....yep...and if your are accelerating hard enough front contact patch should be minimal anyway...and in the case of some of you boys on here..no contact patch at all! :D

Mine restarts at the 60' usually...lol.

alfaitalia

Exactly ! Also OP you have to stop from 120 plus (hopefully) and having rock hard dangerously over inflated is certainly not going to help there where a bigger contact patch would be good!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Harper on December 27, 2017, 10:29:28 PM
well please dont race beside me, i might not be able to stop lol :coolgleamA:

I will be way out in front, so no worries.  :drive: :cheers:

Harper

lol that could be bad too if you dont make the return road before i get there
1968 Dodge Charger

firefighter3931

When I'm at the track the fronts (BFG 225/70/15) get aired up to 40psi. This helps reduce rolling resistance and every little bit helps, inmho.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 29, 2017, 09:26:45 AM
When I'm at the track the fronts (BFG 225/70/15) get aired up to 40psi. This helps reduce rolling resistance and every little bit helps, inmho.  ;)

Ron

If i recall though, the bfgs are rated to take that pressure, which makes it ok to do.