News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rate your favorite Velocity car shows

Started by ACUDANUT, December 20, 2017, 06:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best at fixing cars

Phanton works
6 (24%)
GYC
10 (40%)
Bichin Rides
7 (28%)
Classic Car Studios
1 (4%)
Texas Metal
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: February 18, 2018, 06:48:16 PM

Dino

I guess Bitchin is probably the better show currently on TV. I really liked Wheeler Dealers although the last two seasons were not as good as the previous ones. And once Edd left that was it for me really. Edd was the reason to keep watching.

I have enjoyed Fantomworks but the owner gets on my nerves with his whole doom and gloom attitude every 5 minutes.

Can't say I like any of the other shows. I can enjoy a true build show all day long, but this scripted shit is just too much for me anymore.

Cars are starting to mean less and less to me as well, that doesn't help.   ;)

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

" I have enjoyed Fantomworks but the owner gets on my nerves with his whole doom and gloom attitude every 5 minutes."
Dan Is Ex-Military and I understand his frustration on shit jobs he took on.

My favorite show to watch !!.  No clowning around and grab ass at the shop.

Troy

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 27, 2017, 06:15:57 PM
I have a love-hate with GYC.  The mopar history lessons are awesome, but the rest of the 'drama' and Mark's humor is beyond me.

Wheeler Dealers is not the same without Edd, but still a far better show than most. Chasing Classic Cars has its moments. I forget the names, but the two shows about the shops that do mostly high end restos (one's in Canada and one's in N. Carolina, i think) are ok most of the time.

Bitchin Rides / Texas Metal / Iron Resurrection / and so on are all basically the same show in a different shop/city. Theyre all trying to be the next American Hot Rod (which even then was only good for a season or so) I watch them depending on what car they're working on.

I do get Velocity and Discovery shows mixed up, but I did like that show where the two guys traveled throughout the world trying to find rare cars, even if the drama/scuffles were kinda fake. Also liked Mexicanicos. Some cheesy builds but appreciate the work that goes into them.
Canadians are "Restoration Garage" and the company is "The Guild of Automotive Restorers". They have web content/videos on their site too:
http://www.guildclassiccars.com/

Some of it is cheesy and some of the budgets are obscene but the quality of work seems incredible.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.