News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Fender scoops

Started by winghawg, December 24, 2017, 11:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C5X DAYTONA

Right on.  Very cool.  That is in incredible amount of info newly? found.   I'm sure all the photos I have of that car on the lift and detailed chassis shots you already have?   I can't remember if I emailed them to you.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Redbird

I come to this site because I might learn something. I am a lot more interested in learning something than being right.

If, and not too often, I have something to offer-I'll put that out.

Odcics2, I am awed by your knowledge, your ability to back things up, and your genuine concern to share what you find.

C5X, I'm sure you are a swell guy. I remember meeting your dad at a national meet years ago and thoroughly enjoying talking with him.

My observation is that you sometimes take 1/2 a story, own it, then build from there. Sometimes it works. I accept that you always start with a kernel of truth. I'm sure you work long and hard at what you do. I am glad you are here.

Maybe, because I am not so smart, when there is a large rambling paragraph, I find it hard to digest things. I have taken a number of communication classes for work; they have taught me to break things down into bite size and varied chunks if I want to get my message across. Long paragraphs on the internet make it hard for me to find the message in them.

odcics2

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on January 02, 2018, 01:04:41 PM
Right on.  Very cool.  That is in incredible amount of info newly? found.   I'm sure all the photos I have of that car on the lift and detailed chassis shots you already have?   I can't remember if I emailed them to you.

I have the series of pics from August, 1970, but thanks for the offer.   Backdating the car to March 24th., 1970, so some of the stuff in the pics wasn't there yet!  That's what makes a resto fun!   :2thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words, Redbird.    I believe that file cabinets full of original documents and photos are useless. 

Get it out there - spread the knowledge.   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

C5X DAYTONA

Galen,  I am not on this site often and when I am and I do have something to offer..  I will offer it..  Not looking for a fight from someone who has nothing to offer on the subject but jabs.    I don't need you to try and belittle me.. It's not constructive.    As far as this post is concerned I always get in on the "extractor" story.  Dad has the 3/8s car.  I've spent a lot of time with George Wallace and the fender top issue was "his" deal for Pointer to figure out..  

I don't know what you mean by "1/2" truths..  I think you are referring to the oil pump on the salt deal..   I even asked my dad about it and he said the same thing as I did..  We were both standing there with you/group when someone came over with a big stainless oil jug and put oil in the motor and said it was empty after it was just idling at your pit..    Can't be a half truth if we both heard and saw the same thing..  It's just what we observed.  It might be 100% wrong but it is just how we saw it...    I understand you said that the actual problem was the oil pump was full of Vaseline or something to that affect and it wouldn't prime..  

I do get the long paragraph and taking it in bit..    Sorry about that.  I am bad at that..  The point gets lost in my gibberish..  I'll make this into short bite sized bits just for you..    :cheers:

BTW I still have the wheels for Woody's car but he sold it a while back.   I'll just keep them stored incase the new owner would like to have them.  

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: odcics2 on January 02, 2018, 03:34:11 PM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on January 02, 2018, 01:04:41 PM
Right on.  Very cool.  That is in incredible amount of info newly? found.   I'm sure all the photos I have of that car on the lift and detailed chassis shots you already have?   I can't remember if I emailed them to you.

I have the series of pics from August, 1970, but thanks for the offer.   Backdating the car to March 24th., 1970, so some of the stuff in the pics wasn't there yet!  That's what makes a resto fun!   :2thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words, Redbird.    I believe that file cabinets full of original documents and photos are useless. 

Get it out there - spread the knowledge.   
:cheers: