News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shocks

Started by 69R/TSixPack, December 26, 2017, 06:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69R/TSixPack

I'm trying to find a set of high quality shocks and a front sway bar kit for a 69 charger, I've had a set of Hotchkiss part # 79030013 shocks and sway bar kit  # 020-541  on order from Jegs for over a month  and just cancelled my order because no one can find out when/ if they will be available. Is there another brand or manufacturer you can recommend?
Any input would be much appreciated, Thanks

XH29N0G

A lot run bilsteins.  I bought some from bergman autocraft and have really enjoyed how they change the ride. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

High quality for what purpose? There are many options depending on what you are doing with the car.

JR

I don't know what your plans are for your car, (I'm assuming a street car based on your avatar and that you're installing a sway bar) but I've been pleased with the QA1 shocks I bought last year.

They make good quality stuff. I bought them for handling purposes, but the ride on the street is fine, and have no complaints with them at all.

I have the single adjustable units, but see no reason why their standard shocks wouldn't be fine for a normal street car. They are a little pricey, but great.

Also, check out Helwig for a front sway bar. They offer two sizes for a 68-69 front bar.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/hellwig/part-type/sway-bars/year/1969/make/dodge/model/charger

I installed their bars front and rear, and the quality is top notch. Good stuff.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

alfaitalia

For street use as long as they are quality mono tube units and are not of a cheap twin tube design you won't go far wrong (if you get the correct ones for your car in the first place of course!)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

69R/TSixPack

Thank you guy's for your advice , new shocks #QA1-TS501 and QA1-TS901 are on the way and a sway bar kit #HEL-5903. I very much appreciate your input and expertise-Mark

JR

No problem. Those are excellent quality parts, you'll love em.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Dino

I'm still running the old Addco sway bar and the last of the Edelbrock IAS shocks and it feels great so I'm sure you'll love those new parts!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.