News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Mayham Road Kill 68 charger buildup from an RV

Started by Harper, December 26, 2017, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Lennard

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Harper

QuoteThat was about 5 years ago. Wink

yea i know but still cool imo
1968 Dodge Charger

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Lol....I can think of at least a few conspiracy theorist types on this very forum who probably won't believe you that the moon landings ever happened!

I have watched that Roadkill a few times...makes me smile every time....and pushes up my belief that im not as shit at this car building lark as I might fear and lots better than some other so called professionals....but I'm guessing they make rather more wedge from doing it!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Harper

QuoteI have watched that Roadkill a few times...makes me smile every time....and pushes up my belief that im not as shit at this car building lark as I might fear and lots better than some other so called professionals....but I'm guessing they make rather more wedge from doing it!

I am certain that parts of road kill are more than staged, but it was a decent attempt to build a 68 charger i thought. Plus the Hellcat install was said to be the first in a vintage body.
Yes they certainly make more coin than i do with my projects but its fun to see just what else it out there. Not having their budgets, their sponsors and still being able to build a much rustier 68 charger with an RV engine/trans is much more satisfying than not building one. :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger

c00nhunterjoe

I love roadkill. It reminds me of the old powerblock tv where the car shows were acthally centered around us, the normal folk. Unlike todays car shows, step 1 is a 100k rotisserie done by a 50 man crew, step 2 is order every top dollar  crate motor, trans and rear known to man, step 3 is roll it out the bay door perfect by the end of the 30 minute show....
   While roadkill is scripted, duh, its tv, it is geared towards the working crowd who likes to tinker. The general mayhem episode is a classic. It shows what can be done on a shoestring budget. But what should be crystal clear, is that car itself is still a turd. While its a blast to smoke the tires and drift through dirt roads, that rv 440 with its 7.5:1 compression ratio, is a gutless turd off the line and will fall into alot of unhappy customers complaints about their "new" rebuilds on this exact website tbat we see all the time.

Harper

well i mean you have to realize the RV 440 is just a core not the end result. If you put it in there and leave it and don't explore what all can be done to make it not be a turd, then you deserve it to be a 250hp turd.
Ppl get mad at me i am sure about all the questions i ask on the board, i could care less, I am digging, learning for that very reason, I do not want a stock RV 440 with 250hp...or less,  I would never just run a stock motor even in a fox body mustang, there is always room for improvement. Now it has been said i do things 3-4 times, that part is very tru, but i learn in the process of what works and what does not.
i mean if a guy can build a stock block 302 ford motor to have 300 plus hp there should be at least 350 to 400 in a stock block 440.
with decent carb, intake, exhaust, ignition maybe a small cam/lifters that in itself should b 300 hp, with a little planning that certainly can be upped to be more.

I would love for someone to mistake my 69 for a 250 hp stock RV build, just because it has stock exhaust manifolds, thru the mufflers with stock air cleaner. :)
i have NEVER believed in spending money on chrome, and flashy aluminum bracket etc., I will throw a little paint on it tho...you have to spend the money on the inside, there fore why in the past i have won so many races :)

i mean if i wanted a turd i would have stuck a junkyard 318 in it :)
1968 Dodge Charger

TheAutoArchaeologist

I can tell you with all honesty, that 99.9% of Roadkill is not staged.  And anything "staged", is... "whoops, this broke to quick to get on camera, can you ziptie it together and do it again."

I have done many Roadkill episodes through the years, and I have bled and injured myself working on the General Mayhem....  Ugh I hate that car.

Ryan

Harper

QuoteI have done many Roadkill episodes through the years, and I have bled and injured myself working on the General Mayhem....  Ugh I hate that car.

well we love it lol
glad you stuck with it and i think you guys did awesome work! I just hate that i cant find a hellcat motor around for the same as what i payed for the RV 440 lol
1968 Dodge Charger

TheAutoArchaeologist

Glad you enjoy the shenanigans. 

I can honestly say, it's never boring... unless we're waiting on the video guys.

Us tearing apart Blasphemi before Roadkill Nights last year.

After the race

Cristy Lee from All Girls Garage, two Dodge Demons... and a rainbow.

I've got tons of behind the scenes pictures if you want to deep dive. 

Harper

thats a bad ass build! heck yea the more pics the merrier

the 55 chevy is my all time fav chevy...
and that flat black Gasser is awesome.
1968 Dodge Charger

TheAutoArchaeologist

Basically just go here, and look for anything with Roadkill in the name.  I'd have 20 album links if I posted them all!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/albums

Ryan

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger