News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird and the law !

Started by Bob Carter, December 27, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampwing2

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 29, 2017, 04:22:42 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 28, 2017, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on December 28, 2017, 09:12:29 AM

It's gonna be interesting when I get the Daytona lettered and numbered up as a street legal Nascar clone car and go driving through town.....

Bryan

You would not get away with driving a car with race numbers in around here...ask me how I know...lol. We have an old and silly law that states that race style numbers on a road car could "incite racing on public roads" which is of course illegal ! However to make it legal just requires an inch wide black cross over the number! Yeah I know...stupid!

I have driven my SCCA, BMW race car with a full cage, race seat with head bolsters, non DOT belts, large numbers, class decals, minimal exhaust and even race tires on the street to events.  I even parked next to a police car at a highway rest stop once and he just looked at me, and probably thought the only way I would park near him was if I had nothing to worry about.  As long as you don't drive like an idiot, they really do have better things to worry about.

daytonalo

Exactly my point doparoamous, big city cops usually have better things to do in most cases ( still self serving self protecting Hippocrates ) however small town America  poor and need revenue so the police gladly step in to pray on the people that pay them . Weather you believe it or not , I could care less , however the sooner all Americans realize this the better off we become
This could easily change if the voter realized that in most towns local police answer to mayor or town council . That said make local police harassment an issue and vote them out office .
If a local city or town is plagued with drugs , crime , etc , which then in turn leads to foreclosed homes then higher taxes as the tax base shrinks , should be traced back to police not going after the big picture , drug dealers , addicts , criminals, etc ........ Why ??? because they are lazy and that takes great effort so its easier for them to target you the working man for any list of bullshit infractions that they ( police ) do themselves each and every day

Example one day while out in my Dodge 12 valve ( 500hp/1000Ft pounds )  an officer pulled next to me and asked my passenger if the truck is fast , passenger replied very rarely beaten , the officer replied  race me right now from this traffic light , my passenger insisted it was a setup ,  cop lets see what you have I proceeded to destroy his crown vic in approx 1/8 mile ( light to light ) Lets say it was a adrenaline rush for me as this never happens or will it again !! My passenger who has soft hands was almost in tears as he thought for sure we were going to jail !!!  
All above events are factual and true .............

DAY CLONA

Quote from: daytonalo on December 30, 2017, 06:47:39 AM
Exactly my point doparoamous, big city cops usually have better things to do in most cases ( still self serving self protecting Hippocrates ) however small town America  poor and need revenue so the police gladly step in to pray on the people that pay them . Weather you believe it or not , I could care less , however the sooner all Americans realize this the better off we become
This could easily change if the voter realized that in most towns local police answer to mayor or town council . That said make local police harassment an issue and vote them out office .
If a local city or town is plagued with drugs , crime , etc , which then in turn leads to foreclosed homes then higher taxes as the tax base shrinks , should be traced back to police not going after the big picture , drug dealers , addicts , criminals, etc ........ Why ??? because they are lazy and that takes great effort so its easier for them to target you the working man for any list of bullshit infractions that they ( police ) do themselves each and every day

I'm lucky the town I live in 99.9% of the cops are on the take, or crooked, shaking down the pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers of their dope and money, they can't be bothered with silly traffic enforcement, HOWEVER the neighboring towns I have to commute thru to get to work, the cops are 150% focused on shaking down/fleecing ALL motorists with Gestapo like tactics, any other "crime" goes unchecked, as the police are nothing but revenue agents for their municipalities...

I know a few of the cops in each town, some will confess that they do have quotas or "performance expectations" required, sometimes even imposed by State guidelines, some even disclose they have "private pools" among their ranks to see who writes the most tickets each day/week/month/year, or the most in one stop, or the most expensive,...I was even told by one "associate" of LE that their unit gets to keep a percentage of ticket fines written, that they "pool", so that at the end of the year they either buy big screen TV's/electronics/etc,etc that the year end winner of whatever "pool" guidelines they make up, the winner takes, one year my "associate" said they had round trip tickets to Hawaii as the "prize"...so much for the line" Fines: it's about safety, not the money", yeah right!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 29, 2017, 04:11:17 AM
I'm guessing from the way you talk that police have financial gain from issuing tickets over there....not like that here...so it's far less work for them to give a verbal warning that write a ticket and start all the admin that goes worth it.

Maybe the Brits should should exchange notes with their American LE counter parts on the proper procedures or etiquette ?, I'm all for having these high performance British "police interceptor" traffic vehicles for LEO's

daytonalo

I said it before and I say it again , "MIKE FOR PRESIDENT "

What Mike said is so common place in America , WTF happened to our country ??
I read somewhere there is a  college fund set up children of anyone who stands up and rids this scourge who pray on us  

Lets hear from you all in small town America . I just moved to small town in MD and its horrible here as far as the police state . I have daily conversations with mostly white people and overwhelmingly all have had detailed run ins with the BLUE MAFIA 

alfaitalia

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 30, 2017, 01:55:34 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on December 29, 2017, 04:11:17 AM
I'm guessing from the way you talk that police have financial gain from issuing tickets over there....not like that here...so it's far less work for them to give a verbal warning that write a ticket and start all the admin that goes worth it.

Maybe the Brits should should exchange notes with their American LE counter parts on the proper procedures or etiquette ?, I'm all for having these high performance British "police interceptor" traffic vehicles for LEO's

Lol....that car was actually owned by the Police (Hampshire Constabulary which is the next county to West Sussex where I live)....but unfortunately not for active front-line traffic duty...it was built for the 2010 British Pedal Car Grand Prix. Hampshire is a relatively quiet county crime wise. Guess building it kept them busy for a while!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7741585/Police-unveil-pedal-powered-patrol-car.html

:2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

taxman

Quote from: Redbird on December 27, 2017, 01:39:17 PM
Really great find!

Folks have cited this over the years, but seeing an actual article-with a date from 1970, really reinforces what has been said over the years.

Let's find a Washington DC and Minnesota articles if they exist too.

In the 1970's Ed Waldraff in Minnesota had a letter in his glove box signed by Wendell Anderson-Governor of Minnesota-regarding having to have a front bumper.
I purchased my Superbird from Ed back in 1984.  It still had the front bumper on it.  It also had 2 large bumper guards.  Ed gave all of his paperwork including the letter from the governor.

DonC1

Is that MD bumper ' law ' still in effect?

PettyMower

Quote from: DonC1 on January 17, 2020, 03:41:57 PM

No...the cars were actually exempt from inspection in the late-70's. But during the 80's, some of the older guys remembered the 1970 BAN, but didn't know about the exemption....and hassled owners about the bumper-less front end. With my encounter in 1986, I was forced to install a bumper or receive NO vehicle registration. (At the time, I also knew nothing about the exemption.)

nascarxx29

Quote from: PettyMower on January 19, 2020, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: DonC1 on January 17, 2020, 03:41:57 PM

No...the cars were actually exempt from inspection in the late-70's. But during the 80's, some of the older guys remembered the 1970 BAN, but didn't know about the exemption....and hassled owners about the bumper-less front end. With my encounter in 1986, I was forced to install a bumper or receive NO vehicle registration. (At the time, I also knew nothing about the exemption.)

I found a letter requesting new superbird owner in Maryland to bring it back.Because the banning issue
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

odcics2

Quote from: daytonalo on December 30, 2017, 02:02:18 PM
I said it before and I say it again , "MIKE FOR PRESIDENT "

What Mike said is so common place in America , WTF happened to our country ??
I read somewhere there is a  college fund set up children of anyone who stands up and rids this scourge who pray on us  

Lets hear from you all in small town America . I just moved to small town in MD and its horrible here as far as the police state . I have daily conversations with mostly white people and overwhelmingly all have had detailed run ins with the BLUE MAFIA 

I've driven through hundreds of small towns thousands of times since 1972. Never any Police issues.

Just curious... What do you do to raise the ire of Law Enforcement?

:shruggy:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?