News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to manually roll up/down power windows?

Started by 72Charger-SE, December 27, 2017, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger-SE

I am working with the windows and interior of my car.  I need to roll them up to verify proper gap settings and such.  How does a person manually roll up/down power windows on a 72 Charger without power?  I checked the 72 FSM but did not find anything to help me.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?  Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & GOD Bless,
Chad

BLK 68 R/T

Just use a 12v battery and jump power directly to the plug for the motor. Switching the wires on the plug terminals should reverse the motor. Then you can stop the glass wherever you want.

72Charger-SE

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on December 28, 2017, 05:47:21 PM
Just use a 12v battery and jump power directly to the plug for the motor. Switching the wires on the plug terminals should reverse the motor. Then you can stop the glass wherever you want.

That is a great idea!!  So simple...  I'll give that a shot!

NHCharger

Yes, that's all you need to do. Just installed my quarter windows last month and used that method to get them adjusted.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

72Charger-SE

Yes...  It worked great!

I did learn another valuable lesson... test the window regulators PRIOR to installing them in the door.   I had to replace one of the motors in the driver's door after having everything reinstalled.   :slap: That was a fun challenge.  :)  Oh well..   Lesson Learned: Always TEST before installing.  :) 

BLK 68 R/T

ricksrt

I used a rechargable drill battery when at salvage yard to check before pulling