News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Glove Box Liner

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, December 31, 2017, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

When installing the glove box liner in a 69 do you remove the top glove box hinges to create a gap in the dash frame so you can slide the top of the liner in place? Or what is the proper installation procedure.
Thanks!!

Bronzedodge

Oh, It sucks.  You have to fold it along all it's lines and creases.  Do you have an A/C car?  Hard to slide it in from behind.  Then reinstalling the glove box hinge is a pain as well.  Hope you get a more optimistic reply than mine.    :cheers:
Mopar forever!

Sixt8Chrgr

Yep I have an ac car. Seems like it sucks!!

Bronzedodge

OK.  Do not short out the glove box light, if you have one.  The wire is a constant hot, switch makes ground and the side terminal is special to catch the bulb.  Remove the door, hinge, and latch.  Fold the replacement box along all the folds and get ready to cut your finger on the razor sharp dash.  Slid it in from the door opening, with great difficulty. The repos have some hole alignment issues sometimes.
Mopar forever!

Sixt8Chrgr

My car did not have the light package so no glove box light.
What I did was loosen up the screws for the hinge and slid the original back in place. There were a few areas that tore that I am going to try and restore. No reason to replace what I have. I hate I tore it in a few places it had never been removed and was a perfect original, but had to get my hand through the fuse box hole to connect the ac vacuum line on the ac actuator that is tucked up under the dash. That was a fun job!
Thanks for the input.