News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - Spoiler Warning

Started by Dino, December 30, 2017, 10:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Anyone watch The Last Jedi? I was 3 when the first one came out so I've been a fan for quite some time. After being pleasantly surprised by Force Awakens (which I didn't think I would) I expected a nice follow up but dang that was a bad movie!   :lol:

I didn't think much of Rogue One, it just left me cold, but it's much better than this last one. Imo of course.

I have been watching the Clone Wars and Rebels and a lot of those episodes are better than many Star Wars movies combined. Maybe I got spoiled!

A buddy wants to see it so I'll likely join him and watch it again. Not that it'll make the movie better, but there's something about eating M&Ms for 2.5 hours that's soothing to me.   :icon_smile_big:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

funknut

Dino, I'm right there with you!

I consider myself a loyal Star Wars fan and it sounds like we're almost exactly the same age.  I grew up with the original trilogy, had a bunch of the action figures, and by the time I finished high school I had probably watched the movies 5-10 times each.

I also thought The Force Awakens was a pretty good way to reintroduce the older characters and dust off the cobwebs from the original movies.

We took our older kids to see The Last Jedi last Friday and while my kids really enjoyed it, I have to say that for me, the movie was a major letdown.  I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil it for others, but I have a number of major gripes with the movie.  It honestly felt like a Transformers movie set in the Star Wars universe.

I'm glad my kids enjoyed it. It seems to be getting good critical reviews, but it really, really left me missing the old movies.

Nacho-RT74

Of course there are two diff perspectives... old crowd and new crowd fans

myself being old fan I liked the movie maybe better than the Force Awakens ( which I liked on the same way than this, except for Solo's Death and some other more detail )

which I didn't like ( and being specific )...
Now Jedis are allmost like Gods, being magically omnipowerfull. I don't like the Rey and Kylo conection "made" by Snoke. Hated Luke's appering "magically" on Crait. They were more "humans" originally. I think hate this allmost like the midichlorian theory

How did Rey appear on Millenium Falcon after the Snoke death and fight with Kylo ?

Snoke's death... Wasn't able to "read" Kylo's intention ? wasn't he so POWERFULL ?

I think there are couple of details more I didn't like, but maybe minor

Average, I likes more this sequel than the I, II and III episodies, but still get several critics from me.

( I'm being free to talk, since there is a SPOILER WARNING on tittle )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bronzedodge

I thought it was OK.  I was hoping for a bit of backstory on Snoke - who is he, how did the First Order come to power, etc.  they could of had another 20 min of movie.
Mopar forever!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Bronzedodge on December 30, 2017, 01:59:05 PM
I was hoping for a bit of backstory on Snoke - who is he, how did the First Order come to power, etc.

Maybe on next episodie?... remember we found the Empire's origin coming from Palpatine Senator on the episodies II and III, and never figured out on the originals

or maybe some other spin off, like Solo ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

Another critic

How Rey could dominate the force without ANY kind of training?

( I guess we will know about the kid on the last scene dominating the force too )

will

Chewbacca didn't get nearly enough action in this movie, other than having his dinner spoiled. Disney is doing all of us a disservice, i felt like i should have been walking through a gift shop after that movie.
Hopefully they redeem themselves in the next one. George Lucas must be thrilled, i hope he had a really big payday for selling all of us out to the mouse.

BrianShaughnessy

Meh...    :-\   Disney will sell a buttload of stuffed Porgs.   :Twocents: 

In the meantime Luke is gone and Leah still lives?     I'm confused how they're gonna figure out the next one....     unless they jump 20+ years in the future and after Kylo and Rey do the humpty dance and create a force-monster baby.   :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mike DC

I was fine with Luke's hologram-powers . . .  but only IF, and this is a very big IF . . . it remains an amazing stunt that only a Jedi like Luke Skywalker could ever do.  

If the Star Wars writers just say "Okay, add self-holograms onto the list of Jedi powers" then they will start having other Jedis do it whenever it's convenient.  Ugh.  Then it totally cheapens Luke dying from the effort it required.

As for Rey lifting the rocks at the end - same problem.  It was too quick & easy for her.  Now Yoda lifting Luke's X-wing out of the mud in 'Empire' seems like nothing special and Yoda shouldn't have needed to put much effort into it.

They need to keep some friggin' consistency about what these people can or can't do.  

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 31, 2017, 05:48:41 AM

They need to keep some friggin' consistency about what these people can or can't do. 

in all the Story

Dino

I did plan on going to watch it for a second time but now I really don't want to sit through all that crap again.   :lol:

Even if you ignore the wtf moments, and there's a few, as a movie it still does not work. It's super long and even more boring. By the end of the movie I could not have cared less if they killed off every single one of the characters. Dialogue that makes the original trilogy look like Shakespeare, enough plot holes to sink the Titanic, useless side plots, and what the heck was with all the pc stuff?? I support the protection of animals and stand against animal cruelty, like any normal human being, but I'm in a theater watching a Start Wars flick so nix the pc shit and show me something entertaining!

I read a comment yesterday that TFA would be harder to watch now and I have to agree. That pivotal scene that closes TFA had so much power and TLJ killed that. Knowing what comes I doubt if I could enjoy TFA half as much.

I would have been alright with the humor, if it was in support of a good movie, but at times it was just distracting. I enjoyed some of the humor but chucking the lightsaber over his shoulder? Not good.

I would have to agree with Hamill that this was not the Luke we know. It was damn good to see him again, but what a wasted opportunity this whole movie was.

70 sublime

Saw it last night
Ugh
Did not enjoy it at all
Yoda bopped around more like Kermit the frog

Will have a hard time to want to see any more Star Wars movies
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

Obviously a ton of people liked it, and I'm happy for you! I can't say I liked it and it certainly quenched any interest I had left in the series, but it's certainly not the worst movie made nor did it ruin my childhood as it seems to have done for others.   :lol:

Kern Dog

Anyone else notice that Hollywood is on a rage to make every villian a white guy, every hero either a woman or a minority and other PC bullshit???

MoParJW

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 01, 2018, 12:01:43 AM
Anyone else notice that Hollywood is on a rage to make every villian a white guy, every hero either a woman or a minority and other PC bullshit???

Yes.

I just try to ignore/avoid that BS.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Nacho-RT74

well I have being critic, but I still like...

Mike DC

They pile on the female & minority heroes to be different from the past movies and to make a buck.  Marketing research says they gain more female/minority sales than they lose in white male sales.  As for the white male villains, same thinking.  Offending white males causes them the least amount of flak.  

It's all pretty corporate decision making.  Note the increase in Asian characters in TLJ and Rogue One.  China has become a significant market for Hollywood in the last decade.    

As a white male I fail to be offended.  This stuff is about making money and there is no shortage of heroic roles for us in the big picture.  

Maybe alien species should be annoyed at how under-represented they are in SW.  The characters are mostly humans.

Nacho-RT74

well, now Asia doesn't make just electronics and cheap pieces now LOL

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 01, 2018, 03:29:03 PM

They pile on the female & minority heroes to be different from the past movies and to make a buck.  Marketing research says they gain more female/minority sales than they lose in white male sales.  As for the white male villains, same thinking.  Offending white males causes them the least amount of flak.        

This is because too many Men are becoming feminized twats with no soul, no guts and no pride. Only an apologetic, guilt ridden loser surrenders his position as top dog.

AKcharger

And what about that bad guy? In the last movie he get's his butt kicked by a janitor storm trooper with no training in ANYTHING but he's so strong in the force he can take on an destroy the new emperor?? AND he can stop blaster bullets in mid-flight in the last movie but in this one he has a hard time handling some guys with electric swords??? I mean you can fling stuff around...fling the people!

and ditto on chick with no training doing everything an moving a hundred tons of rocks with no problem

...so Many Plot holes

pipeliner

TLJ sucked. Rian Johnson completely ruined it but I feel he feminized it by Kathleen Kennedy's orders. Like someone said, everything that JJ Abrams set up for the TLJ Rian Johnson basically said F-U I'm making my own Star Wars. I can't stand Rey. She is nothing but a Mary Sue. There is so much wrong with this movie I could type 4-ever!

Dans 68

While I watched the movie, I couldn't help but think that Disney put these (insert any go the action events) into the movie to backstop new rides at the Magic Kingdoms. Seemed very contrived. :Twocents: Will not pay to see it again.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

lukedukem

First scenes told me it was gonna suck. Luke throws his family light saber away. Then drinks that titty milk from the creature sitting there. Bleh!!

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Charger_Fan

Whichever one it was that had that idiot Jar-jar Binks in it, that killed the series for me. I refuse to watch any of 'em since then.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

greenpigs

I didn't like the one liners they had Like do, the first was funny but after that it killed the tone of the movie for me.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mike DC