News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

‘68 Charger guage/switch screw kit or sizes to make my own?

Started by challenger70, December 30, 2017, 11:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger70

Is there a screw kit available that has all the screws/nuts for installing the gauges and switches in a 68?  Also is there a thread pictures of how they all go? It's been about a decade since I took mine apart  :shruggy:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

Lennard

I've never seen a screw kit for that but since you can't see the screws once the bezel is installed,  I would just get screws at the hardware store.

Maybe this link will help you a bit:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37999.0.html

challenger70

Quote from: Lennard on December 30, 2017, 04:16:47 PM
I've never seen a screw kit for that but since you can't see the screws once the bezel is installed,  I would just get screws at the hardware store.

Maybe this link will help you a bit:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37999.0.html

Sorry, I meant the cluster itself into the dash and the switches to the cluster.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

challenger70

Does anyone know how many u nuts and palnuts I would need for all the dash components and what sizes?  I think i figured out most of what i need.  I think I need 5 fillister head #8's for the cluster to dash, those need 3 #8 u nuts, I know the HVAC control uses 4 u nuts.  Does the ash tray (early '68 slider) or glove box door or insert need any u nuts?  Does the hockey stick dash trim get held on by palnuts?  Appreciate any help, thanks guys!
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

challenger70

I think I got most of it figured out, I just need to know what size/thread screw holds the plastic gauge bezel onto the gauges, I think they are 7 of them and come in from the back of the gauge cluster into the bezel. :icon_smile_question: :scratchchin: :brickwall:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger