News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know where to get some underoiling done in Douglas Georgia? Atlanta?

Started by gers1968rt, January 02, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gers1968rt

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows where to get some underoiling or undercoating done in Douglas Georgia? I just purchased this Dodge 2500 in Douglas and am going to pick it up next monday. I thought it might be a good idea to get it underoiled or so before I drive it back to Ontario. https://www.carsforsale.com/used-car-dealer/georgia-carmart-douglas-ga-d646979/inventory/details/37217787

If not there, then how about Augusta or Atlanta?
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

Troy

Pretty sure they don't need a service like that in GA. ;) Honestly, I don't even know of any places where I live that do it either. I've only recently started doing my own cars now that they're dumping straight acid on our roads.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Harper

QuoteI've only recently started doing my own cars now that they're dumping straight acid on our roads. :o :o :o

what? that insane. I thought they were suppose to be trying to go the protective route with all that deicing
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

birdsandbees

The deicing is the "acid". It EATS everything.. it likes GMC brake lines the best, but they're junk to start with!!  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

NHCharger

Yup. They pre-treat the roads here before a snow storm. Whatever is in that shit it's like pouring miracle grow on rust.
Garages around here are now offering a service for coating the undercarriage of your car with fluid film.  You can also buy it and a spray applicator at parts stores and do it yourself. Look on line for some service garages in that area. See if they do the fluid film service. If not ask them how much they would charge if you bought the product and had them apply it
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69 OUR/TEA

While fluid film is great ( a friend works for the town highway dept) , unless you can get it into your rocker panels/pinch welds/etc , this nasty stuff used now WILL get in there . Once its in there , all summer long, you drive the vehicle , and in the rain that water gets up in there and keeps that liquid death to the metal growing !!!!! Period !!! When you see the back bumpers of full size trucks blown thru (literally) , you know this stuff is potent !!
Very simple , DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR/TRUCK IN THE WINTER ON THIS LIQUID DETAH THEY PUT DOWN NOW !!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   http://www.peterschemical.com/magnesium-chloride-as-a-road-deicer-a-critical-review/

Harper

LAWD,
i had heard of the salt on the roads and thought that surely they had come up with a better solution, evidently NOT  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

XH29N0G

Is it the Beet juice brine, stuff or something else.  I hadn't thought of it, but I wonder if putting sugars in could have an unintended consequence for some sort of microbe(s).  Hmm.  I'll have to ask.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

stripedelete

I bought one in Oregon last January.   I had the same issue.
You probably won't find anything south of the Mason-Dixon Line.  But, you could order Fluid Film off Amazon and DIY in Georgia.