News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

275s up front

Started by frank1966, January 03, 2018, 09:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Any issues with steering? I know I would need to adjust caster camber.

303 Mopar

I had 28x10's (275x60) on the front of my '68.  No issues with traction or steering, but they did hit the frame rail on full turn and would bump the fender on a curb.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

frank1966

c00nhunterjoe

Depending on ride height and wheel offsets, they will hit the fender brace that is center of outer lip to inner, will catch the lower front corner of fender, and if you change your control arms for lots of caster, they will bump the rear of the fender. Alm can be remidied with massaging depending on your final goal with the car since it sounds like a pro touring style based on your big brake posts and such.

frank1966

thanks, iam trying to fill the fender well as much as possible, just wanted to know if big tires up front will stress the steering components. I am putting 18's with a low profile tire on a wheel that's never been on charger before according to the manufacture. its  modern wheel that starts with a 0 offset. not sure if its going to be a pro touring car, I like modern wheels and modern brakes.

c00nhunterjoe

The stock parts will be fine, but check out firmfeel.com as they have nice heavy duty upgrades for the tierods.

Kern Dog

I never hit the fender brace but the tires do rub the frame rail. No biggie, it just leaves a shiny spot.

frank1966

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 06, 2018, 08:17:52 PM
The stock parts will be fine, but check out firmfeel.com as they have nice heavy duty upgrades for the tierods.
Good thanks

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 06, 2018, 09:52:39 PM
I never hit the fender brace but the tires do rub the frame rail. No biggie, it just leaves a shiny spot.

How wide a rim did you use? I had them on 8.5s.

Kern Dog

My fronts are 18x9 with a 4 3/4" back space number.

c00nhunterjoe