News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

iT IS TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE.

Started by nvrbdn, January 05, 2018, 10:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

Well Charger family, the time has come. Yep, after 39 years at the steel mill it is time for me to retire. I was going to wait until August, but have the chance to go right now. So I will be on vacation for 5 weeks, then I am done. More time for projects, model kits, the Charger brake conversion (that I have had the kit here for several months), The 69 cougar project, The VW Bug project, re-do the Texas Rollback I just bought, convert my enclosed trailer into a mini camper, restore my Ranger Rawhide bass boat, and do a lot of fishing (already finished my crappie boat).  I wonder how I ever had time to work? Pic of Allen's 500, My Charger, Steve's 32 Plymouth.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Lennard

alfaitalia

Cool...nine years and I hope to join you. Just hope my pensions and investments allow me to ! Brexit is not helping on that front! What is retirement age for a man in the states. Here it's 65 for men (I'm planning to go at 60 though) and 60 for women....although many have to work past that. My father is working at 74...even though he doesn't have to!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BIGBLCK11

Congrats!!!   Sounds like you earned it, enjoy!  :cheers:

green69rt

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 05, 2018, 10:11:43 AM
Well Charger family, the time has come. Yep, after 39 years at the steel mill it is time for me to retire. I was going to wait until August, but have the chance to go right now. So I will be on vacation for 5 weeks, then I am done. More time for projects, model kits, the Charger brake conversion (that I have had the kit here for several months), The 69 cougar project, The VW Bug project, re-do the Texas Rollback I just bought, convert my enclosed trailer into a mini camper, restore my Ranger Rawhide bass boat, and do a lot of fishing (already finished my crappie boat).  I wonder how I ever had time to work? Pic of Allen's 500, My Charger, Steve's 32 Plymouth.

Been retired 12 years and have never looked back.  Welcome to my world!!

Fred

Great news Jim. :2thumbs:  
Retirement is a wonderful thing. I've been at it for a while now with no complaints.
And obviously you have much to keep you busy.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

Harper

nvrbdn,
Congratulations!!!

i spent 5 years in construction
8 1/2 years in a chemical plant as an operator
10 years as an I & E tech
then i have been in my current job for over 9 years!! yes 32 plus years and i am gearing up for retirement in my small town. I want to build a hot rod shop, buy into a auto parts store and put that in my own building so i have low overhead.

you are blessed to be able to walk away. I still have 3 kids in college and one that is 6!!!  :cheers: :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Bob

Congratulations!!!
Welcome to the club. Been retired for a year now and getting the mail is the most work I do.

Bob

nvrbdn

Thanks guys. Looks like it will be a fun club to join. I do enjoy not having to get out in this cold weather. Been in single digits to negative numbers for several days now, and I really feel for the guys I worked with having to be out in this. Now to start planning the car cruise schedule. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RECHRGD

Going on eleven years retired now.  Love it.  Enjoy!!!
13.53 @ 105.32

ACUDANUT

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 05, 2018, 11:28:13 AM
Cool...nine years and I hope to join you. Just hope my pensions and investments allow me to ! Brexit is not helping on that front! What is retirement age for a man in the states. Here it's 65 for men (I'm planning to go at 60 though) and 60 for women....although many have to work past that. My father is working at 74...even though he doesn't have to!

Average age in the States is 65-67.  My Father still works full time at age 84.  He can't stand sitting around the house and looks forward to work.  :cheers:
Great role model.

ws23rt

I have the best of both.  Been collecting SS and a fat pension for a year now and the company I work for calls from time to time to ask if I feel like working a bit.
I need to get out and about to keep fit and they seem to need what I can do for them.
Sometimes stopping work suddenly is not a good thing for the mind and body that has worked for 50+ years.
Congrats on making the big move most of us spend our lives dearly for. :cheers:

BDF

Good for you! I recently paid off my house and wonder why I am going to work... :cheers:

ITSA426

A bad day at home still beats a really good day at work!  Enjoy retirement.  I know I do.

Just 6T9 CHGR

What do you call a person that likes Monday's?

RETIRED!!!

Congrats and enjoy your retirement.   Get out while you can to enjoy your hard work.   My retirement is 25 years of service & 55 years of age....Ill have 32+ years in when I get to 55....7 to go and Im out!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

Unless you can entertain yourself 24/7 and not get bored or depressed. Go for it.  :2thumbs:

will

I hear every day is Saturday. We have a bunch leaving this Friday, at least 10 people are going to retire. I have a way to go, but I'm looking forward to it. Congratulations.

nvrbdn

Yep, I have already started a couple projects I have been wanting to get going. Too cold to mess with the cars right now, but am redoing a few rooms down stairs. Can't wait for spring. :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Back N Black

Congrats, sounds like you have great projects to keep you busy!  :cheers: . I have 2 more years.

green69rt

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 10, 2018, 11:48:20 PM
Yep, I have already started a couple projects I have been wanting to get going. Too cold to mess with the cars right now, but am redoing a few rooms down stairs. Can't wait for spring. :rofl:

You'll be amazed how fast your time goes and how little gets done.  But...that's retirement, your time is you own now and you can do things at you own pace.  It's been really good for me.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Simonic

:boogie:Congratulations .Enjoy it !
I'm not too far behind you.... 2 years and 7 months,not that i'm counting you understand ...........
Mopar owner in the UK..

Steve P.

Cangrats buddy...  As I see it, you have been officially retired now for an entire week!!  Are you use to NOT setting the alarm yet??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

Ha Ha, yes I am. No alarm clock except for my bichon. He wants to go out at 7 every morning. But I don't mind. Now I just fire up the coffee pot, make some toast and look out the window thinking about my day. How sweet it is. :2thumbs:

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. After it all, It was still weird to clean out the desk and say good bye to my friends at work.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67440chrg

Congratulations!! Enjoy life. I hope to go there in four or so years if I can take the early out loss. Insurance may be the big factor.

gtx6970

A little over 6 years and I cam join you.

Already looking at retirement property in southern AZ

Kern Dog

Quote from: 67440chrg on February 20, 2018, 02:00:27 PM
Congratulations!! Enjoy life. I hope to go there in four or so years if I can take the early out loss. Insurance may be the big factor.

The Foreman for the construction company I'm with has 36 years in the Union. We can retire with a decent pension at 30 years of service. He keeps working because the health insurance and house payment would only leave him with enough to eat ramen noodles...

Daytona R/T SE

Congratulations. :cheers:

Two years from today I can take early retirment.  :coolgleamA:

The Ol' lady might just have to get a job.  :scratchchin: ;)