News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Baer Brakes rear

Started by frank1966, January 05, 2018, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

I am looking at getting the 12in ss4 rear brakes. Are there any issues with the axle flange fitting into the new rotor hat. Will the flange need to be shaved down some in order for them to slide in?
70 charger with 8 3/4 rear stock

frank1966

I cant find any info, I know I posted a similar post a few years back in regards to the prop valve. Baer is not really forthcoming about this, its not mentioned in the directions and a tech told me it may need to be shaved down. I know some guys here did this conversion. trying to get as much info before making an expensive purchase. I suspect I would need new rear axles.

Dino

I'm sorry I can't answer your question. However I can tell you that I shaved down my axle flanges to fit the Mustang rotors and it really wasn't that big of a deal. I made a simple jig with some scrap wood and hooked up my table saw motor to the axle so I could make it spin. A grinder and later a file on the flange while spinning and it was done in a few minutes.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lennard

Or just buy Wilwood. Cheaper and fit flawless, without shaving or cutting.

frank1966

Quote from: Dino on January 06, 2018, 11:52:08 AM
I'm sorry I can't answer your question. However I can tell you that I shaved down my axle flanges to fit the Mustang rotors and it really wasn't that big of a deal. I made a simple jig with some scrap wood and hooked up my table saw motor to the axle so I could make it spin. A grinder and later a file on the flange while spinning and it was done in a few minutes.
[/quote
Ok that does not too difficult using a grinder. where is problem? The back part of the flange where it slides into the axle or the outer piece with the mounting holes? thanks