News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 440 AC compressor square cut o ring

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, January 06, 2018, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Guys,
I need the square cut O ring that goes in the front of the compressor where the muffler flange attaches. Any one know of a good supplier for these? Original Air Group does not have them. Was just going to go to NAPA and see what I can find.

Thanks

BLK 68 R/T

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Pete in NH

Hi,

I have a NOS O ring P/N 3441513 that's listed for the discharge line fitting on a RV-2 compressor. It's a black neoprene ring that's round not square cut. I suspect once it's clamped in place it gets squashed and flattened and comes out looking like a square cut ring. If you are going to use the newer R-134A refrigerant in the system you may want to look for a HNBR material( usually green ) ring that will be more compatible with R-134A. Neoprene may not hold up with R-134A and was intended for the old R-12 refrigerant. If you put the part number into Epay the O ring will come up.

As John mentioned Chrysler eventually went to metal crush gaskets. The discharge line( front of compressor ) is P/N 3846272 and the suction line ( rear of Compressor ) is 3773546. Both of these gaskets are available from Lambert Auto Sales here in NH, 1-800-639-2271 at far less than Epay prices. Lambert deals in new and NOS Mopar parts and are very pleasant to deal with. You actually get to talk with real Mopar parts guys. The previous Epay listing given look like cardboard gaskets which are fine for the suction line but won't take the pressure on the discharge side.

Sixt8Chrgr

Sixt8Chrgr

I bought one from Lambert and have a green one that Original Air Group sent with the kit. I thought it was wrong since it was round. Of the two, the one from Lambert the crush style and the one for R134 which i am using. What would you recommend?

Pete in NH

I've always had good luck with just the O ring, I would try that first.

Bronzedodge

I bought the assortment of O rings from the part store, regular green Buna type.  Pressure tested with 175 psi nitrogen, no leaks.
Mopar forever!

Sixt8Chrgr

Ok thanks. I will use the O ring first. At least I will have options.

Appreciate the help.