News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unrestored Y3 70 charger R/T

Started by tan top, January 06, 2018, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Y3RT

Quote from: tan top on February 05, 2018, 05:52:03 PM
hello & welcome  , good luck with the sale

Hello, And thanks for sharing!  :icon_smile_big:

6pkrtse

I like it personally. Odd color & all. Just out of my budget & I don't need another one right now anyway. Welcome to the site & good luck with the sale.

They are still out there thought for the others that can't find one reasonably priced. You just have to be patient until the right one come along. I found my complete 70' 500 S.E. that came with a 440 for less than most are selling the front bumper assemble for these days.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

70Y3RT

Little update on the car, Just did a shoot with the car for a upcoming Discovery series where they go over the car and give their opinion as well as an appraisal... Should air late summer/early fall...

orange383

Hopefully we'll get to see that in the uk.
Personally I like the colour and patina of your car and if it was mine I'd just fix any rust issues and use it. Not every car has to be fully restored.

I had a '68 once that I barely used as I didn't want it to get damaged.
The one I have now is really rough and will pretty much stay rough so when it's finally roadworthy I'll use it more without the worry of it picking up a scratch or a dent.

Bad B-rad

It looks like a nice car, priced very high, but who knows?

Can or WILL you say what the discovery show appraised it at?
Anyway you slice it it looks like a nice, cool Charger.
Good luck.

JR

I like your 70 a lot. I would fix the structural/floor/trunk pan rust, do a mechanical restoration, and drive it as is. The patina and color are awesome!

However, I am extremely skeptical that somehow Discovery or Velocity Channel will make a car show worth watching. They are 0 for 300 at the moment. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Kern Dog

Quote from: 70Y3RT on February 05, 2018, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on January 06, 2018, 09:42:30 PM
Delusional jerkoff. My 70 500 was in better shape and running when I paid $1700 in March 2000. Even adjusting for "Charger fever", the car is still listed for about double a reasonable price.
Wow... that's not very nice... So your comparing your 500 (which probably has a 318 in it) to my R/T? And your comparing what you paid for it 18 years ago? And I'm the "delusional jerkoff"

Come on, man...Look at the thread title. The prices these cars are listed for are not mentioned in this thread if they are reasonable. It is the delusional people that get mentioned here. YOU are one of them. The car is not driveable in its current condition. It is NOT a desireable color. It is a 440 automatic, converted to a 4 speed R/T which is a great car but yours needs everything. A running driver with decent paint can be bought for the money you are asking. I am not the only one that feels this way. Reread the responses. Here is one:

"No offense to the seller, but unfortunately, it needs too much work to want to be driven as is & a full restoration is necessary which will set you back 40-50 grand, at least. Today, top dollar for this car fully restored is 65 grand, however, that might be tough to get due to the bland color. So, the logical thing to do is to do the math to come up with a true price."

I was obnoxious, sure but was I wrong? If you are asking too much for something, aren't you jerking people around?   
Welcome to the forum, maybe your thinking will change. Sometimes people are in their own bubble and do not know how the rest of the world works. I don't know all the answers and I never will. I do know that while I did get lucky in 2000 to get my car at a great price. It was a 318 car but even then, the "Charger Fever" I mentioned had not yet hit. The Fast and Furious movies have people thinking that these cars are worth crazy money. In your defense, many people share your opinion...otherwise there would not be a thread here on this very topic. Seriously though... these cars in the condition of yours do not usually sell at your price. Maybe some movie studio stunt crew will, maybe an oil rich Arab might, it may happen.

Challenger340

Looks to be a fairly complete and original example, and IMO, potentially a very good starting point for someone so inclined.

As far as pricing ? IMO, the "test" would be if the Buy It Now was reduced to say $25K ?
Wherein I believe, the Car would be quickly snapped up by someone, and indicative to the Seller that money may have been left on the table.

As is said, opinions are like **sholes in that everyone has one(including me).
And myself included within that gene pool, I don't think there is one of us here that if it was our Car ? We wouldn't be doing exactly the same thing trying to maximize returns.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 01, 2018, 05:20:43 PM
Quote from: 70Y3RT on February 05, 2018, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on January 06, 2018, 09:42:30 PM
Delusional jerkoff. My 70 500 was in better shape and running when I paid $1700 in March 2000. Even adjusting for "Charger fever", the car is still listed for about double a reasonable price.
Wow... that's not very nice... So your comparing your 500 (which probably has a 318 in it) to my R/T? And your comparing what you paid for it 18 years ago? And I'm the "delusional jerkoff"

Come on, man...Look at the thread title. The prices these cars are listed for are not mentioned in this thread if they are reasonable. It is the delusional people that get mentioned here. YOU are one of them. The car is not driveable in its current condition. It is NOT a desireable color. It is a 440 automatic, converted to a 4 speed R/T which is a great car but yours needs everything. A running driver with decent paint can be bought for the money you are asking. I am not the only one that feels this way. Reread the responses. Here is one:

"No offense to the seller, but unfortunately, it needs too much work to want to be driven as is & a full restoration is necessary which will set you back 40-50 grand, at least. Today, top dollar for this car fully restored is 65 grand, however, that might be tough to get due to the bland color. So, the logical thing to do is to do the math to come up with a true price."

I was obnoxious, sure but was I wrong? If you are asking too much for something, aren't you jerking people around?   
Welcome to the forum, maybe your thinking will change. Sometimes people are in their own bubble and do not know how the rest of the world works. I don't know all the answers and I never will. I do know that while I did get lucky in 2000 to get my car at a great price. It was a 318 car but even then, the "Charger Fever" I mentioned had not yet hit. The Fast and Furious movies have people thinking that these cars are worth crazy money. In your defense, many people share your opinion...otherwise there would not be a thread here on this very topic. Seriously though... these cars in the condition of yours do not usually sell at your price. Maybe some movie studio stunt crew will, maybe an oil rich Arab might, it may happen.

Of course Kern Dog is 100% correct, not only for his own thoughts, but he quoted me and I am also 100% correct. Together, that makes us to be 200% correct.

INTMD8

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 02, 2018, 10:26:42 AM
Of course Kern Dog is 100% correct, not only for his own thoughts, but he quoted me and I am also 100% correct. Together, that makes us to be 200% correct.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

sdweatherman

This car was for sale out of Texas on eBay in March of 2011. If anyone wants a pdf copy of the eBay auction with the description and many many pictures, just send me a PM and I can email it to you.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Kern Dog

70Y3RT

Quote from: sdweatherman on March 02, 2018, 04:51:58 PM
This car was for sale out of Texas on eBay in March of 2011. If anyone wants a pdf copy of the eBay auction with the description and many many pictures, just send me a PM and I can email it to you.
I would love to have a copy of it... PM sent

70Y3RT

To everyone else, I really don't care if it sells or not, its just another bank account for me... If it sells, I plan to buy a 68 which is what I really want. and with that said, I'm sure Ill end up paying the same or more for a car in similar condition to mine...

Derwud

As the owner of a needs everything 70 Charger R/T, I would be happy with the 10-15K range for my car as it sits.. But since I am still alive, the car isn't for sale.. Now my Daughter might want a million for it when I pass, but you can deal with that..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

VegasCharger

Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 05, 2018, 03:37:43 PM
.....I plan to buy a 68 which is what I really want. and with that said, I'm sure Ill end up paying the same or more for a car in similar condition to mine...

Selling your 70 to get a 68 sounds like a good ideal to me. :2thumbs:

70Y3RT

SOLD  :nana:

70B5Cuda

Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 13, 2018, 05:43:09 PM
SOLD 

But for how much? We all thought it would sell at a certain price point....
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

70Y3RT

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on March 13, 2018, 05:45:10 PM
Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 13, 2018, 05:43:09 PM
SOLD 

But for how much? We all thought it would sell at a certain price point....

My price was firm

Mytur Binsdirti

Wow, that now make's mine worth about 90 large!   :2thumbs:

moparstuart

must be the guy from Australia who started a thread 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bad B-rad

I still want to know what did the discovery show say it was worth?
Please don't make us wait till it airs, LOL!!!!!!

70Y3RT

Quote from: Bad B-rad on March 14, 2018, 10:09:12 AM

they said 25-30K

A12 Superbee

Quote from: moparstuart on March 14, 2018, 10:05:38 AM
must be the guy from Australia who started a thread 

Awesome! Another one saved!

;)
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

Bad B-rad

Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 14, 2018, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: Bad B-rad on March 14, 2018, 10:09:12 AM

they said 25-30K

WOW,!!!!
How do you think they valued it?
High, low, or right on the money?
Are the 2nd gen Chargers really THAT HOT????
It makes me think about selling mine!!!!LOL, but then I could never, ever afford one again!!!!!

I would have thought it would be a $20,000. car
But I am not an auto appraiser.