News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unrestored Y3 70 charger R/T

Started by tan top, January 06, 2018, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

This board has a problem I encountered plenty of times back when I sold cars.

If you're selling a car, then all types will come out of the woodwork to nitpick your car, tell you you're way overpriced, and that they wouldnt give scrap price for your worthless junk. They're valuing your car like it's 1982, and old Chargers are worthless.

Now, if they're selling a car, it's usually listed for well above market value because "you'll never find another like it", and it just needs "a little" work to be perfect. They're valuing their car like it's 2005, the great recession hasn't happened, and Barrett Jackson fever is in full swing.

Every. Freaking. Time.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

jefferson

Quote from: moparstuart on March 14, 2018, 10:05:38 AM
must be the guy from Australia who started a thread 

lol nope not me mate. if that was over here for 11k id buy it in a heartbeat. Something like that would go closer to 50k aussie lol.

70Y3RT

70Y3RT

Quote from: JR on March 14, 2018, 05:42:07 PM
This board has a problem I encountered plenty of times back when I sold cars.

If you're selling a car, then all types will come out of the woodwork to nitpick your car, tell you you're way overpriced, and that they wouldnt give scrap price for your worthless junk. They're valuing your car like it's 1982, and old Chargers are worthless.

Now, if they're selling a car, it's usually listed for well above market value because "you'll never find another like it", and it just needs "a little" work to be perfect. They're valuing their car like it's 2005, the great recession hasn't happened, and Barrett Jackson fever is in full swing.

Every. Freaking. Time.
Exactly!

70Y3RT

Quote from: Bad B-rad on March 14, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 14, 2018, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: Bad B-rad on March 14, 2018, 10:09:12 AM
I still want to know what did the discovery show say it was worth?
Please don't make us wait till it airs, LOL!!!!!!

they said 25-30K

WOW,!!!!
How do you think they valued it?
High, low, or right on the money?
Are the 2nd gen Chargers really THAT HOT????
It makes me think about selling mine!!!!LOL, but then I could never, ever afford one again!!!!!

I would have thought it would be a $20,000. car
But I am not an auto appraiser.
yes, the market is really that hot, economy is good, and they aren't making them anymore... lol
I knew the car was worth $30k, and worst case that's what it was worth to me, which is why I was firm on my price.
Now on to shopping/hunting for a 68!

Bad B-rad

Maybe it's just I don't WANT to believe they are worth that much, because then I will NEVER afford an R/T again!!!
I only got my second 1969 in 12/16 and paid $15,000.On ebay, I bid $16,000 and thought the car would go for $20 easy.(69,#'s 383 auto, solid CA car)
SO A) I got lucky
B) I don't know a thing about the value,LOL!!!

Good luck with your 68 search!
any 68, or a 1968 R/T?
You looking for a project or finished car?

Derwud

Well it makes my $700 dollar even better....
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 70Y3RT on March 15, 2018, 08:52:28 AM

Now on to shopping/hunting for a 68!

85 grand and it's all yours.....

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kern Dog

The word "WORTH" is bullshit in respect to a cars value. An impulsive idiot pays a stupid price and now the car is deemed to be "WORTH" that price?
Wrong.
The car may have been worth it to one buyer but certainly not worth it to most people.
Financially, that car is not worth the sale price since the cost of a restoration would put its final value far below the money spent to build it.
It sold. Good for you.
Carry on, folks...

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 15, 2018, 05:27:55 PM
The word "WORTH" is bullshit in respect to a cars value. An impulsive idiot pays a stupid price and now the car is deemed to be "WORTH" that price?
Wrong.
The car may have been worth it to one buyer but certainly not worth it to most people.
Financially, that car is not worth the sale price since the cost of a restoration would put its final value far below the money spent to build it.
It sold. Good for you.
Carry on, folks...

A car's value IS what it is worth.  And they are worth whatever the masses will pay.  At 75k for a restored R/T, maybe a project is worth 30k.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

roger440

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 15, 2018, 05:27:55 PM

You only sell your car to one person. So its worth what it sold for - because it sold.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Kern Dog

I still disagree. I have bought cars and later felt the car was not worth what I paid. I'll admit it. I am not the only one.
In the car sales business, the ACV was known as the "Actual Cash Value" of a used car. This was sometimes lower than numbers listed in the "Kelly Blue Book". The ACV was a guideline as to what amount of money a certain car could be bought for any day of the week. Sure, some days with lazy buyers, the car could sell for more but the point of the ACV was to establish a reliable gauge of value.
Just because ONE buyer steps up and overpays for a car does not mean that the car is worth that amount to the average buyer. It may be worth it to that one person if they have some emotional attachment, are desperate, in a hurry or suddenly flush with cash from a dead relative, insurance settlement or home REfinance.
If a seller posts up a car for an inflated price and is willing to sit on it waiting for some deep  pocket guy with an impulse control problem, that is his decision.

Alaskan_TA

That must be why whenever I am the highest bidder on Ebay that they average my bid with the lowest bid so I only have to pay the 'average' price?   :shruggy:

ws23rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 23, 2018, 07:51:47 PM
I still disagree. I have bought cars and later felt the car was not worth what I paid. I'll admit it. I am not the only one.
In the car sales business, the ACV was known as the "Actual Cash Value" of a used car. This was sometimes lower than numbers listed in the "Kelly Blue Book". The ACV was a guideline as to what amount of money a certain car could be bought for any day of the week. Sure, some days with lazy buyers, the car could sell for more but the point of the ACV was to establish a reliable gauge of value.
Just because ONE buyer steps up and overpays for a car does not mean that the car is worth that amount to the average buyer. It may be worth it to that one person if they have some emotional attachment, are desperate, in a hurry or suddenly flush with cash from a dead relative, insurance settlement or home REfinance.
If a seller posts up a car for an inflated price and is willing to sit on it waiting for some deep  pocket guy with an impulse control problem, that is his decision.

Geez--what's up with the practical/logical thinking all the time?  :2thumbs:

On the topic of the value of a car--Those that research replacement insurance cost for "agreed value" will get yet another perspective on worth/value. :slap:

Challenger340

It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks including me.

But what does matter IMO, is very simple.
The commodity was listed for a "firm" price, and it sold for that firm price within the specified sale timeframe.
Which, whether we like agree with the price paid as good value ? or not ?
this sale now completed, will indeed form part of comparison valuations across the wider market.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Y1CHARGER

What a bunch of hypocrites the complainers on here are.  The delusional car thread has more delusional members than cars.  Maybe the people this applies to should lower their Insurance "agreed values" to what they think they should pay for a car. YEAH RIGHT, hypocrites.  Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, PERIOD.  If you don't like the price, make an offer and if not accepted then don't buy it and move on.  You guys are turning into a bunch of Grumpy Old Men that complain about everything not to mention most of you aren't even looking to buy a car anyway unless someone practically gives it to you.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 24, 2018, 07:46:12 AM
What a bunch of hypocrites the complainers on here are.  The delusional car thread has more delusional members than cars.  Maybe the people this applies to should lower their Insurance "agreed values" to what they think they should pay for a car. YEAH RIGHT, hypocrites.  Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, PERIOD.  If you don't like the price, make an offer and if not accepted then don't buy it and move on.  You guys are turning into a bunch of Grumpy Old Men that complain about everything not to mention most of you aren't even looking to buy a car anyway unless someone practically gives it to you.

Geez...you come along an inject some logic and reality into this thread, "what's a matter wit you!".... glad you sold the car and got what you wanted, and I'm sure the buyer got what they wanted, as long as both parties are content, that's all that matters, ten years from now when the prices are even higher for less of a vehicle, people will be saying what a deal  they got with prices 10 years ago... never ends

Derwud

Your car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it on the day you HAVE to sell...
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Challenger340

IMO, well said  :2thumbs:

Only wimps wear Bowties !

ws23rt

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 24, 2018, 08:53:16 AM
What a bunch of hypocrites the complainers on here are.  The delusional car thread has more delusional members than cars.  Maybe the people this applies to should lower their Insurance "agreed values" to what they think they should pay for a car. YEAH RIGHT, hypocrites.  Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, PERIOD.  If you don't like the price, make an offer and if not accepted then don't buy it and move on.  You guys are turning into a bunch of Grumpy Old Men that complain about everything not to mention most of you aren't even looking to buy a car anyway unless someone practically gives it to you.

IMO, well said  :2thumbs:

I too agree with -Y1charger- And I am one of those "Grumpy Old Men". :shruggy:
I battle every day with the high (and increasing) cost of everything I encounter.

My/our sense of the value of money is the basic topic here. I feel the pinch because as I try to learn a new perspective and gain a current sense on the "value" of a dollar the rug is pulled further out from under my feet almost -by the day- in every place I shop.

Just today I had a conversation with my 40-year-old son on just this issue. He was telling me about (back in his day: icon_smile_wink:) he used to pay $1.80 for a gal. of gas. EEK.--I could go on but---- :nana:

As for the cost/value of our (hobby) cars go?----It will get as complicated as we let/allow it to get.

How many hours worked at one's job will one be willing to put in to buy into a passion/hobby?

A buyer needs to properly establish their limits. Sellers are as confused as buyers. No one want's to be foolish. We both/all are dealing with a moving target.--Value--

Mytur Binsdirti

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CRW-FK5

It's the way the free market works.  Like it or not, it's better than the alternatives.

alfaitalia

Is that a reference to the car prices or his medial bills.....? Or maybe I missed a post. Been a long day!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!