News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone here have any experience with an older model Audi A8?

Started by Dino, January 07, 2018, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Got it!   :2thumbs:

Quote from: Troy on March 02, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
White with that interior will make it nice in the summer too!

Troy

Totally! And so much easier to keep clean.  :yesnod:

The 4 hour drive home was a whole lot more comfy than what I'm used to. The ride is super smooth and quiet, really nice. Everything so far seems to work. The adaptive cruise control works so well, I think I will actually start using cruise control more.

Too tired now so I'll return with more news in a day or so. Time to sleep...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

We took it out for a trip today and I spent a while going over everything. Seems every little thing on the car is in excellent working order. It's so nice that now my wife wants one as well.   :lol:

I'm glad I found this thing. I've had a long history with cars and owned quite a bit, but nothing comes close to this puppy. Good performance as well. About 6 second to push her up to 60. Not too shabby!

And guess what? This car brought the Charger spark back and I look forward to starting work on her again.   :2thumbs:

DougMN

Tell me how much you like this car when the tranny goes out. When not if. My son owned one and it killed two trannies.

Dino

Quote from: DougMN on April 09, 2018, 12:28:12 PM
Tell me how much you like this car when the tranny goes out. When not if. My son owned one and it killed two trannies.

Did he have the D2? They were known to do that. I think this one will be fine, and parts are cheaper than Mopar so yeah I'll still like it.

This is by far the best car I have ever owned, and when this one breaks I'll get another one.

alfaitalia

160,000 on mine when I sold it...I still see it around nearly 10 years later. I think it still had the factory oil in it when I let it go. As I said I worked for Audi/VW.....don't ever remember a total failure on an A8 tranny....guess he just got unlucky.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

The first gens did have some tranny issues but they resolved that.

I just put around 4000 miles on it and it's the sweetest car I've ever owned! Love his thing!