News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Core Support Modification

Started by chargedup68, January 07, 2018, 10:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargedup68

I have a 68 that was a 318 car with 22 in radiator from the factory. Now it has a 600 HP 505 stroker in it and I upgraded to a 26 in 3 core unit from Champion.  I know the right way to do it is to replace the core support with the 26 in, but wanted to see if anyone has just cut open the 22 in to get more air flow to maximize the efficiency of the 26 in radiator.
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

deepockets

I did the same thing by making some brackets to accommodate the larger radiator as I didn't want to drill any holes in the original core support. My thought was the increases amount of water and additional cooling contact surface of the larger size would be a benefit as I refused to cut the core open larger. I used the griffin 2 tube core and I have zero heating issues on my 512ci 10.4 compression.

chargedup68

Thanks, I am a few months off from getting it running and think I will go the same route and if it isn't efficient enough at cooling go back and open it up a bit.
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600