News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here's what an NOS Daytona fender screen looks like. (and Daytona fender info)

Started by odcics2, January 15, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I have never seen an NOS one in my life, until now!

:coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Old Moparz

Cool to see an old part that rare & still be new.   :2thumbs:

I'm not cutting holes in the replica I have to add them, but I know I'd be at Home Depot buying an air vent for a lot less than what this original is worth.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

A383Wing

Do they cut them into a round shape before attaching them to the underside of the fender? I have never seen a square one, only the round version

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on January 16, 2018, 02:46:30 PM
Do they cut them into a round shape before attaching them to the underside of the fender? I have never seen a square one, only the round version

Bryan
hole in the fender is round  , screen is square and attaches under fender so all you see is round screen from above 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

Bryan
hole in the fender is round  , screen is square and attaches under fender so all you see is round screen from above 

:iagree:   100%

hemigeno

Quote from: odcics2 on January 16, 2018, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

Bryan
hole in the fender is round  , screen is square and attaches under fender so all you see is round screen from above  

:iagree:   100%

:yesnod:

Resto thread link

moparstuart

timmycharger

Ah ok. I see it now on my computer screen vs. my phone  :yesnod:

Mopar John

Greg,
Since you only have one NOS Daytona fender opening screen I've been wondering if your going to make a Mopar themed waffle maker out of it
or ruin a perfectly good 1970 Charger fender by cutting a round hole in it and welding your screen to it? :shruggy:
Speaking of perfectly good 1970 Charger fenders, I just got done watching the 2018 Mecum Kissamee auction.
The poor guy going over the details of the original white Daytona HEMI clone. He stated that the original "U" code 440 was long gone.
Then he informed us that it had a period correct HEMI engine in it's place. After that he placed his hand inside the drivers fender scoop.
Now here's the big one, he claimed the street versions were filled in and the race versions were opened up! The value of my race version B5 just went up.
So now I'm wondering with all the other changes on this Daytona, did they ruin the original fenders and weld them up
or ruin another pair of 1970 Charger fenders and cut them up? Then when it was on the block another guy pointed out how it had neet looking wider wheels out back.
The problem with that is they were the 1968 chrome without trim ring style. I'm told this Daytona sold higher last year?
MJ

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on January 17, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
Greg,
Since you only have one NOS Daytona fender opening screen I've been wondering if your going to make a Mopar themed waffle maker out of it
or ruin a perfectly good 1970 Charger fender by cutting a round hole in it and welding your screen to it? :shruggy:
Speaking of perfectly good 1970 Charger fenders, I just got done watching the 2018 Mecum Kissamee auction.
The poor guy going over the details of the original white Daytona HEMI clone. He stated that the original "U" code 440 was long gone.
Then he informed us that it had a period correct HEMI engine in it's place. After that he placed his hand inside the drivers fender scoop.
Now here's the big one, he claimed the street versions were filled in and the race versions were opened up! The value of my race version B5 just went up.
So now I'm wondering with all the other changes on this Daytona, did they ruin the original fenders and weld them up
or ruin another pair of 1970 Charger fenders and cut them up? Then when it was on the block another guy pointed out how it had neet looking wider wheels out back.
The problem with that is they were the 1968 chrome without trim ring style. I'm told this Daytona sold higher last year?
MJ

:icon_smile_big:

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on January 17, 2018, 10:50:39 AM
Quote from: Mopar John on January 17, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
Greg,
MJ

:icon_smile_big:

Hmm, actually fits the hole better, IMO!  :lol:
:cheers: