News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original selling dealership

Started by doctor4766, January 12, 2018, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Is there any way to find out which dealership my Charger was purchased from in 1969?
I have no old paperwork on this car. The build sheet was present when I bought the car in 2006 but it disintegrated upon removal from the back seat unfortunately, although that probably wouldn't point to the dealership anyway right?
Gotta love a '69

Simonic

Unless you get very lucky ,the short answer is 'no'
I've been down this path myself.
Chrysler no longer have the records.
Mopar owner in the UK..

Lennard

My '69 has a small dealer sticker on the quarter window.  Celebrity Dodge in San Jose California.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

moparstuart

I got really lucky with mine it still had the Original certicard and the selling dealerships warranty book and information 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

That is cool Cuda Ken has that with his 68 Road runner his dad bought new.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chad L. Magee

If you are lucky enough, you might find the original dealer to have placed a metal emblem on the rear panel....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

lloyd3

The earliest owner I could identify for my car lived in Omaha, Nebraska. In the summer of 1968 there were only a handful of Dodge dealers in that area (I believe there were three).  How one could winnow that down escapes me at the moment but I'm sure through a process of elimination you could get fairly close to figuring it out.  I would start with the one closest to the airbase (Offutt AFB). Because it decodes as an "ordered" car, I'd like to think that you might be able to see if any of those dealerships remain, and if they did, you might be able to trace it though the buyers name? Long shot, but not a crazy one.