News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Bench Seat Retractable Seat Belts Installed Front and Rear

Started by oldcarnut, January 13, 2018, 07:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Installed a front and rear bench seat set of retractable seat belts.  Belts came from seat belt planet.  Since I haven't seen a bench seat setup posted I thought I'd show mine.  This was on a 70 Road Runner.  Hardest part was figuring out how to do the rear through the package tray.  The factory slots are mostly over the wheel well so a straight up bracket wasn't practical and I didn't want to bolt it to the package tray itself.  I ended up using 1 1/4" X 1/8" wall square tubing and made a cross bar to mount them.  Two extra holes drilled for lab belt through the floor support back seat so each belt had its own bolt mount plus two for the retractables front seat. Just wasn't enough clearance for the back seat to slide all the way back unless I did. The rest used existing bolt holes.

oldcarnut

more

oldcarnut

more side and extra bolt hole mounts for cross bar and rear lap belt

XH29N0G

Thanks for posting.  The whole thing, seatbelts, seats, and car looks nice.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

oldcarnut

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Polygon

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

b5blue

Midnight_Rider