News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thanks to all

Started by deepockets, January 14, 2018, 10:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepockets

I jumped on this forum a few years back looking for advise and opinions on a 512ci build (even thought I have a 70 Roadrunner). I've completed my project now and the engine has exceeded all expectations as it flat out Hauls A$$. I went with a six pack set up with suggestions on modifications and jetting that worked out great without any hesitations or bogs when the outer carbs open up, just instant sideways and tire smoking in 1st and 2nd. I'm not sure I'm ready to shift into 3rd just yet to see what happens.
Also the fire core distributor and wires along with the Revinator box worked flawless. So once again to all that offered their help and opinions, Thank you.

firefighter3931

That sounds like a great car and we love all Mopars here !  :icon_smile_big:

Do you have any recent pics of the beast to post up ?  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deepockets

Ron I do. I had always used photo bucket, but after hearing that you had to pay like $400.00 I haven't tried that yet. Not sure what to do now with posting pictures. Once again, any advise?

birdsandbees

Just load directly in your reply. Pictures are best resized to 850 x 638 or a bit smaller, so gives a nice view for the reader. Then they need to be saved at less than 400KB to upload. That way they are here and not lost when PB or similar holds them for ransom !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

deepockets

deepockets

deepockets

I hope everyone can see the pictures.

darbgnik

We can. I love RR's! Yours is a great example.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

birdsandbees

Nope "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"/
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

alfaitalia

Use imgBB .....way better and easiest to use than PB ever was!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

funknut

Wow, gorgeous car.  Love the color!   :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

beautiful. 

you will need different tires to keep from spinning and even then.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

cdr

Quote from: XH29N0G on January 14, 2018, 03:14:07 PM
beautiful. 

you will need different tires to keep from spinning and even then.

This  :iagree:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BDF

That is a fine looking car!

deepockets

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

TexasStroker

Roadrunner looks great...glad everything worked out well with your build!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Mopar Nut

Your pictures disappeared, here's what I have.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PRH

Wow!!!

That thing is sharp!!!

Great color too.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

firefighter3931

Agreed....that is a fine looking ride !  :drool5:

Nice work DP.....she's a beauty !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BSB67

I really like its stance.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Kern Dog

Congratulations.  I'd advise you to monitor your tire wear closely...THAT is good advice.

deepockets

That's funny you say that. This is the third set of rear tires  275-60-15 BFG's I've put on this thing before driving it in five years'. The first set, the raised white lettering turned brown within two years. The second set, I left the blue coating on them for about a year to see if that would help stop the browning. It was looking good when I scrubbed the blue off, but within another two years, I've got raised brown lettering.. The tire shop took back the first set and replaced them at no charge. The second set BFG wanted to charge me  like $61.00 for the pair to replace them due to the  time I've had them. I called BFG with the claim number and bitched up a storm after finding out they have a known issue with the browning on certain sizes. They dropped the fee's. The only problem now is that there on back order for 4-6 weeks. So I look at summits web site and their also out, but have the same tire available from cooker tire. Cooker tire is making many of the BFG sizes now and offer a 5 year warrantee against any defects and browning for the price of $10.00 per tire. I bought the warrantee. So I'll see how the one's made by cooker hold up, and hopefully I will burn them off before I can ever see if they discolor. By the way, the front tire's were purchased five years ago and still are white. 245-60-15.