News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thanks to all

Started by deepockets, January 14, 2018, 10:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepockets

That's funny you say that. This is the third set of rear tires  275-60-15 BFG's I've put on this thing before driving it in five years'. The first set, the raised white lettering turned brown within two years. The second set, I left the blue coating on them for about a year to see if that would help stop the browning. It was looking good when I scrubbed the blue off, but within another two years, I've got raised brown lettering.. The tire shop took back the first set and replaced them at no charge. The second set BFG wanted to charge me  like $61.00 for the pair to replace them due to the  time I've had them. I called BFG with the claim number and bitched up a storm after finding out they have a known issue with the browning on certain sizes. They dropped the fee's. The only problem now is that there on back order for 4-6 weeks. So I look at summits web site and their also out, but have the same tire available from cooker tire. Cooker tire is making many of the BFG sizes now and offer a 5 year warrantee against any defects and browning for the price of $10.00 per tire. I bought the warrantee. So I'll see how the one's made by cooker hold up, and hopefully I will burn them off before I can ever see if they discolor. By the way, the front tire's were purchased five years ago and still are white. 245-60-15.