News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this supposed to be Chrome?

Started by green69rt, January 14, 2018, 04:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I was polishing up the window trim on my 69 and started on the parts pictured.  Is the bottom one supposed to be chromed?   They look a little pitted, unlike what stainless would do.  I had the vent frames re chromed and would have done these if I had known.  Anything else chrome (besides the bumpers and bumperettes.)

Charger-Bodie

The check marks as they are called,are made of pot metal and will need to be either rechromed or replaced by repop.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

green69rt

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 14, 2018, 04:11:40 PM
The check marks as they are called,are made of pot metal and will need to be either rechromed or replaced by repop.

I thought someone would say that.  I can polish them up pretty good so they're going to have to do for now.  Thanks.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Kern Dog

Check marks?
How about "Check moldings" ?

Charger-Bodie

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 15, 2018, 03:30:46 AM
Check marks?
How about "Check moldings" ?

"Check mark moldings"    LMBO  :)   but I have heard them refereed to as Check marks ,just sayin
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

Okay...Why would anyone refer to a piece of trim as a mark?  Windshield marks? Wheel opening marks? Grille surround marks?

Kern Dog

I just thought about this again....I see that it does make sense a bit since the moldings do look like check marks....Sorry.